WANTED: For Filming on 07-11-2022: 1970 Dodge Challenger

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Pete

WANTED: For Filming on 07-11-2022: 1970 Dodge Challenger

Post by Pete »

Here we go again...

"Top Gear" has approached me (yet again) for a car for a STATIC Shoot on 7th November 2022 at RAF Dunsfold.
Apologies for the short notice - beyond my control.

This is to be part of a feature on Iconic(everything is "Iconic" these days..) cars throughout the decades.
It has got to be a 1970 variant. Thanks.

Forgive me if i sound a little "world weary", but I get approached by the Researchers at "Top Gear" quite a lot and nothing comes to fruition, despite lots of work behind the scenes. Maybe this one will work on this occasion.

Please let me know if you would like to be part of this Iconic presentation and I will pass your details on accordingly.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Pete.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Dave999

Re: WANTED: For Filming on 07-11-2022: 1970 Dodge Challenger

Post by Dave999 »

anyone considering it... ive done a top gear before...I suggest that provided they are not USING the car in a top gear manner... quite good fun...

you are basically a resource, so don't expect anything, you might get a cup of tea, maybe expenses , as soon as they are done with you, it will probably be suggested "strongly" that you leave.... they don't want anyone blabing about show content before it aires and you, as a 3rd party resource are a risk.

I guess paddy et al will be a little less distant than the last mob the ego's are not yet that inflated... you might get closer than 100 meters... :)

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
mustangbooks

Post by mustangbooks »

Dave999 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 22 10:04 am
I guess paddy et al will be a little less distant than the last mob the ego's are not yet that inflated... you might get closer than 100 meters... :)
I don't know about these days, but I went along to a Top Gear recording in the early 2000s when the Mustang Owners club had some tickets due to helping provide some cars for filming. Clarkson was surprisingly pleasant, chatting with folks during coffee breaks, having his pic taken ('selfies' were a new thing in those days), and sounding genuinely interested in Mustangs despite his on-camera remarks! He may well have changed now, though.
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

i was but a few years before the aledged "punch in the face becasue the resturant is now shut and i can't have my steak" incident.

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying