70 440 6 pack GTX S/frame connectors

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Matt74

Re: 70 440 6 pack GTX S/frame connectors

Post by Matt74 »

I made the torque boxes Pete so I'll probably make some contoured ones. Just to keep the cost down really!
Blue

Post by Blue »

Matt74 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 22 11:52 am I thought about making my own us car tool style ones myself Blue as I can get the steel folded at work.
I had some new ones but sold them years ago as I didn't think I'd own another Charger again.
You certainly could make your own, good few hours work copying the floor profile though. You could also do it it square box and then add profiled sides, I've often thought of doing that.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
mr m

Post by mr m »

got hotchkis connectors on the charger
IF ITS ON WHEELS, LOWER IT!!
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Blue wrote: Mon Dec 26, 22 12:49 pm
Matt74 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 22 11:52 am I thought about making my own us car tool style ones myself Blue as I can get the steel folded at work.
I had some new ones but sold them years ago as I didn't think I'd own another Charger again.
You certainly could make your own, good few hours work copying the floor profile though. You could also do it it square box and then add profiled sides, I've often thought of doing that.
The speed I work at it will probably take a few days.
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

mr m wrote: Tue Dec 27, 22 3:21 pm got hotchkis connectors on the charger
What's your verdict on those mr m? Are you happy with them?
mr m

Post by mr m »

they are a nice fit front bracket is weld in then it bolts into spring hanger on rear cant comment on feel as not driven it yet
IF ITS ON WHEELS, LOWER IT!!
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

anton made me some out of box section 2 lengths with a slight kick to get under the rear footwell. no off the shelf avialble for an A body with 8 inches missing ....

the hardest part was sorting out profile sections for things like handbrake cable tubes.

car just feels solid, and the process illustrated that i really needed to re bush and re build rear suspension.... :)

and yes you can jack a corner and open and close the doors.
i was very happy, money well spent and a change you could feel from a handling point of view

the cracks in the lead loading of the acreen pillars and the small rips in the sail/ butress panels at the rear window have got no worse.
my car was twisting itself to bits... 40 years of aussie roads and just the torque from a hemi 6

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying