Mopar Nats 2023.

Dates, details and photos

Moderator: Moderators

Dave81

Mopar Nats 2023.

Post by Dave81 »

Just a note for those that didn't know, the early bird prices for admission end at the end of Jan. You can get discounted admission if you buy tickets prior to that.

Well worth doing.

Side comment:
What have Santa Pod done to the price or RWYB race vouchers.... :shock:
Lanes may be quieter this year at £45 per day.
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
RobTwin

Re: Mopar Nats 2023.

Post by RobTwin »

It was £45 a day for racing last year too, up from £30-something the year before. Pairing lanes / fire-up road were/was quiet too - word on the street was that it was down to the inflated prices, as you say :roll: :x
Blue

Post by Blue »

Probably cheaper to enter your car in super stock than admission and 2 days sign on…
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

RobTwin wrote: Wed Jan 25, 23 4:31 pm It was £45 a day for racing last year too, up from £30-something the year before. Pairing lanes / fire-up road were/was quiet too - word on the street was that it was down to the inflated prices, as you say :roll: :x
Yeah didn't run last year as the car had gone backwards slightly, so didn't see the point (or cost).
I'm sure a few years ago it was 20 on a Friday and 25 Sat/Sun.

The problem you have is you can't bank on the weather or guesstimate the number of oil downs.
Best ever was 8 runs. Could have done more but gave up for beer.
Worst is 3 runs in 8 hours.
That plus you have to pre register for it means it's a roll of the dice.

Just think £45 a day is a bit steep considering what's happening nationwide with bills etc.
Can see this year being harder on numbers through the door than last year, which would be a shame.
72 Dodge Dart

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Blue wrote: Wed Jan 25, 23 5:29 pm Probably cheaper to enter your car in super stock than admission and 2 days sign on…
I've sent an email to Bev and Rob already, to get on the NSS list for this year. :thumbright:
72 Dodge Dart

Blue

Post by Blue »

These days the vast majority of the cars attending the Nats no longer go down the track and I don’t believe the cost of signing on is the reason for that. How quiet it will be there this year remains to be seen.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Maybe it’s me, but I still think £45 for a days racing is good value. Especially when you think they have to provide track prep, track crew, fire service crew, ambulance crew.

Costs a fiver for a few minutes in a bumper car :D
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

mopar_mark wrote: Wed Jan 25, 23 8:49 pm Maybe it’s me, but I still think £45 for a days racing is good value. Especially when you think they have to provide track prep, track crew, fire service crew, ambulance crew.

Costs a fiver for a few minutes in a bumper car :D
Its the accumulating cost for me.
Entry fee is more than fair for a weekend event.
If however I wanted to run over the entire weekend though, it's an additional £135. Add on cost to get to the event for most and its an expensive three days. In normal times, possibly not an issue. This year though it could hurt events like this (don't want to lose it).

From a spectator point of view, the more cars that go down the better. Not a fan of seeing the same 8 cars doing back to back runs.

Not a major gripe, as I've already got the tickets for the event. Just find the price point interesting from a racing and spectator point of view. Halving the cost and getting twice the number of entries gives them the same income but a better spectacle maybe?
72 Dodge Dart

Pete

Post by Pete »

In my experience I don't think you would get twice the number of different cars going down the track if the sign-on was halved.

There seems to be a different culture about some of these event these days - it is more "Park up, maybe cruise, drive around the pits a bit, set up the BBQ, and drink beer", as opposed to "cut 'em up and Race 'em".... this seems to be the case with the "Lifestyle" events - and each to their own.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

Personally, I think all the events have changed feel since they clamped down on people cruising around and arsing about.

Still be there, though. :D
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435