CB radios

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

68Charger

CB radios

Post by 68Charger »

Just fitted a cb in the charger, what is the most used channel for chatting is it still 14 for a copy lol ?
mustangbooks

Re: CB radios

Post by mustangbooks »

We always used 14 in Yorkshire when I were a lad, but 19 seemed / seems to be used more generally. I wouldn't bother these days... I got a couple of old rigs off eBay a few years ago, but nowadays there's none of the old CB lingo, just a few folks on channel 19, not moving off, and talking like they're on a building site or something. If you try a bit of 'good buddy' chat you'll probably get a sarcastic response...

10-10.
Mick70RR

Post by Mick70RR »

Now and again I scan the CB FM channels and there's very little activity. The M6 motorway is about a mile from where I live and I sometimes hear truckers on channel 19 come and go. There's a few stations pop up on the same channels each time, some I can't copy while others are fairly strong signals because they are running 100W amateur radio rigs. It maybe a different story where you live. I don't think channel 14 is used as the calling channel any more, tune into channel 19 and you may have more luck.
1970 Road Runner, 505CI, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears.
11.98 @ 117mph on street tyres
68Charger

Post by 68Charger »

Thanks guys bit it was more to use it while going to meets and shows for easier comms lol, ill try 19 then
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

68Charger wrote: Thu May 11, 23 8:03 am Thanks guys bit it was more to use it while going to meets and shows for easier comms lol, ill try 19 then
And for the looks too :D