Direct action on tyres

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Gas for GOSH

Direct action on tyres

Post by Gas for GOSH »

Not putting this on Facebook in case it inspires copycats. A climate change group has taken direct action against “gas guzzlers” in two towns in Cornwall letting down one or all tyres on 90 vehicles in one night. Sometimes a note is left telling the driver, sometimes no note is left but valve caps are taken off and a right size lentil inserted before replacing the cap, the intention being the tyre will slowly deflate as you are driving. SUVs were the main but not only target.
"Now some guys they just give up living - start dieing little by little, piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racing in the streets...." Bruce Springsteen
RobTwin

Re: Direct action on tyres

Post by RobTwin »

I heard about this happening in London at least 6 months ago. As you say, 'gas guzzlers' were the target; Range Rovers etc :roll:

:argue:
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

The stupid thing is you could change your gas guzzler for a brand new electric car which during the manufacturing process has emmited something like 27000 tonnes or more if memory serves before it's even turned a wheel!

But of course that's ok!

A colleague of mine is s feeling the pressure to change his already efficient 2016 BMW for a brand new electric car but I've told him that he will be responsible for tens of thousands more Co2 being released into the atmosphere and it will take him several years it to be offset and probably never if he changes the car every 3 yrs because he's worried about the batteries packing up!
morgan

Post by morgan »

"Tyre Extinguishers" I think they call themselves...

I tell ya, this country man. What is happening.
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
RM23

Post by RM23 »

It’s been happening in Brighton for a few years as well cretins
watch out for the quiet ones ...