Repro seat belt retractors

Moderator: Moderators

mustangbooks

Repro seat belt retractors

Post by mustangbooks »

Is anyone aware of these? Had a guy phone me and ask for some from OER which I will order for him, but just wondering if there's any demand for them so it may be worth me stocking them? Not even sure how they are installed...

"Reproduction of the original seat belt retractors designed and installed on many early GM, Chrysler, and Ford models. Seat belt retractors were a dealer option designed to be easily installed in applications not originally equipped with retractors, or as a replacement for worn or broken originals. It is used on lap belts that don't have the factory covered retractors. The roller is spring loaded and winds up the belt when you release the buckle. This is a universal retractor that fits a wide variety of belts no larger than 1 7/8" wide, but is correct for 1965-66 Deluxe seat belts in A-body, B-body and X-body cars such as Chevelle, GTO, Cutlass, 442, Skylark, El Camino, Impala, Nova models. Sold in pairs."

https://www.oerparts.com/product/986068.html

retractors.jpg
retractors.jpg (12.71 KiB) Viewed 9912 times
Stu Twin

Re: Repro seat belt retractors

Post by Stu Twin »

We use them on the Dodge. Got some on the front and rear seat belts.
Really handy for early cars that don't have the sprung retractor reel by the door sill.
Nifty accessory, and look period too.
Attachments
NMAH-AHB2017q027033.jpg
NMAH-AHB2017q027033.jpg (96.64 KiB) Viewed 9888 times