AM RADIO MODIFICATION

Moderator: Moderators

rogthedodge

AM RADIO MODIFICATION

Post by rogthedodge »

Last trip out in the Charger couldn't find capitol gold.turns out they've stopped broadcasting,which kinda makes my original radio useless now!Anyone had theres updated?thinking even FM may dissapear in years to come ,so would it be best to go DAB.Any recommendations.
do it in a dodge
Derek

Re: AM RADIO MODIFICATION

Post by Derek »

I noticed that too a couple of weeks ago, If I want Gold in the Charger I listen on on my phone, downloaded it to phone years ago so that I could have it on in the daily, if you are going DAB you have to have DAB+, I lost gold on house stereo a couple of years ago with BAB so had to get a new one with DAB+
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

We had the original AM radio in our Satellite converted to FM / AM with an aux jack input (for mp3 etc) about 10 years ago. If we were doing it now, would prob look into getting it done with DAB radio instead.
But when I got my Alfa radio changed to a Pioneer with DAB, the aerial they stuck on the inside of the windscreen is a bit unsightly so would prob think
twice about having one on a 'classic'... :-k
rogthedodge

Post by rogthedodge »

Found a company called Tadpole radios in Colchester who can do the upgrade.I'll ask them about the ariel.
do it in a dodge
Gavlar 440-6

Post by Gavlar 440-6 »

I used Tadpole Roger, very good, no complaints but like everything these days not cheap, close to £500 if I remember correctly with Iphone jack.

If you do use them make sure they re-attach the main original conector so you can simply plug it back in.

G.
1970 AAR Cuda, Black, White Interior, Auto, one of 12
rogthedodge

Post by rogthedodge »

will be contacting them shortly.Thanx Gav
do it in a dodge