Simon's 2008 Challenger

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

OK fair play.
Simon you know that character in the Fast Show, Johnny the artist?

'Black, black, black, paint it black'

Gas for GOSH

Post by Gas for GOSH »

Beauty of decals...all removable if I want it Back in Black; in the meantime good paint protection from car park door dings by dipsticks.
"Now some guys they just give up living - start dieing little by little, piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racing in the streets...." Bruce Springsteen
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

When you started to explain what you wanted I feared the worst TBH!

Then the pic showing the Mowtown Missile decal appeared..........I actually think it looks kinda cool!!! 8-)

I also like the other side, but not sure on the same car (one livery or another for me as I'm a bugger for symmetry).

Look forward to seeing in!!!! :thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Blue

Post by Blue »

The Motown Missile side works well, I like that, stops the car looking quite so "fat". The other side I hate, but then I dislike most "modern" graphics anyway, and as for black wheels on a black car, too much blackness for me....
Last edited by Blue on Thu Jul 03, 14 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Think you could take it one step further.......(well on the motown side anyway)

The wheels on your challenger seem to have a flat 5 spoke surface with a tapered side. Maybe look at either the spokes or the tapered side going yellow (not sure if vinyl works on wheels).

I'd go for black on the flat and yellow on the taper.............May work may not........but it looks good in me head!!! :thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Blue

Post by Blue »

Hmm, you have to be very careful with colour on wheels, it rarely looks good. I remember a mate of mine had a Chevy suburban painted orange with white panels, he painted the 10 spoke wheels orange as well it looked awful and was known as the Circus truck from then on...
Gas for GOSH

Post by Gas for GOSH »

Certainly leaving the black wheels alone. If money allows in the future I would go for a set of older slot mag styled wheels with chunkier tyres.
"Now some guys they just give up living - start dieing little by little, piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racing in the streets...." Bruce Springsteen