Fitting lower control arm strut bush's on A body

Moderator: Moderators

Kev

Post by Kev »

Dude! I ain't on a witch hunt, just can't remember the car. 8-)
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Andy, the way you feel @ the mo , get someone else to do it for you , then get the enjoyment out of driving it. :thumbright:
MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

Dont trust MOTs. I bought my car from someone who turns up in Mopar circles. Car had full mot. Drove it home 300 miles, looked underneath and found broken rear spring hanger, a whole in the floor next to the
subframe, oh and the lower balljoint collapsed as i drove into my drive.
Buyer beware. Mind you, i still have the car and still work with it on the drive ;)
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

33 Plymouth wrote:But for an MOT tester to pass a car with important suspension parts missing is shocking and dangerous.
No way that could be passed legaly so i would be asking questions of the seller if it came with MOT.

After bodywork the suspension bushes are the next thing I always look at on a MoPar. Because replacing all the balljoints and suspension bushes is something you don't want to be doing unless the price is very right. It is very common too on cars from the US where they are often not formally checked and a Yank wouldn't know a badly handling car if one swreved off the road and hit him in the face.

I am was suprised you had not spotted these when you bought the car but if it came with an MOT you would assume the car was safe?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:iagree:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Dave i will never learn i am just too trusting ( stupid ). As the car had been fitted with all new suspension and balljoints and had a MOT I assumed it would be ok. Our eyes were drawn to the H/Duty anti-roll bar that had been fitted. Looks like this had been fitted instead of sorting out the bush's. There are only 33 miles on the clock since last years MOT and i have not driven it yet. I am praying to the Mopar Gods that when it does go for a MOT everything else will be ok.
TYREMAN

Post by TYREMAN »

I could do with new bushes on my Duster at some point,its just had a new ball joint and idler arm for MOT,i just find it easyer to save up some cash and pay someone
I am lucky in the fact that i am only 25 miles away from Dave Madders so i book the car in there for work ;)