My own Rust primer paint test Rust Bullet, Jenoseel etc

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

My own Rust primer paint test Rust Bullet, Jenoseel etc

Post by Anonymous »

Decided to do my own little comparison of rust preventative paints, mainly to see if this Rust Bullet is as good as they say. So I ordered some.

I cut a piece from an old doorskin and stripped the paint using a strip clean angle grinder disc (these are awesome by the way, get some) then cut this in to 6 strips and screwed them to a bit of wood.

I then painted two kinds of Rust Bullet , and also Jenoseel, and some zinc rich primer, and some etch primer on. I will topcoat the etch primer tomorrow with some normal paint, and give the others a 2nd coat.

I have also painted up a bit of rusted steel with some of these paints

I will then throw all this stuff in the undergrowth and leave it there for a year or two, so I will report back when anything happens.

Would have liked to try some POR 15 but I don't have any, anyone got some? (maybe I'll send you a bit of doorskin and you can paint it and post it back LOL)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:shock: See you back here in a year then :shock: :lol:

Professor Will :lol:
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Will, I'm just aboard to start another resto and I can't wait that long...would you be kind enough to conduct a similar test, last year? :roll:

Great idea though! :thumbright:
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

Practical Classics did something like this about 20 years back,I can't remember the outcome. :roll:
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

little tip will dont bother throwin it in the undergrowth it will do jack, just leave them lyin in your garage/workshop somewhere gaurantead to go orrible in a few months :lol: :lol:
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

latil wrote:Practical Classics did something like this about 20 years back,I can't remember the outcome. :roll:
THERE STILL WAITING FOR THEM TO GO RUSTY LOL
db

Post by db »

Will- leave 'em where a cat will spray 'em- stuffs like bloody battery acid :evil:
No-one will believe you...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

If painted stuff is left unmolested ............. it will stay good.......... you need to scratch it in about 3years................. then leave it where it can be sprayed with salt every day (during the winter) and then throw it in a lake ......... pick it up 20 years later !! and se what's happened :-k
Kev

Post by Kev »

You are leaving a bit of the original body panel in original paint as a control sample (and one in bare metal ;) ) :thumbright:
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Leave them in some sea water to speed up the process.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Put em in the corner & p$$s on em everday , you'll get yer answer in around 2 months.

:thumbright:
db

Post by db »

... or use Lancia tin- it'll be nowt but a red stain in a month!
No-one will believe you...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i'm using Datsun door skin, thin and pretty rust-prone. I will keep these well watered yes , i had thought about putting a scratch across each panel but then, they're going to rust at the scratch, all of em, so what would that prove?

I want to coat one more piece in Waxoyl too and i plan on keeping them regularly watered.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

WillDatsun wrote: and i plan on keeping them regularly watered.

You never know, plenty of water and a rising sun and you might just grow a Datsun or two in yer garden :lol:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

well it's been just over 6 months so time for a peek

the yellow is some topcoat I put on at the beginning
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 07, 08 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.