My ride.

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

My ride.

Post by Anonymous »

Hi, I recently joined the MMA so thought I`d better say Hi to you all and show you my ride. Although its not a mopar I`m sure some of you will recognize it from shakey or santa pod as its a regular at most event like the mopar nats and the hotrod drags. I also do a few trackdays in it, its more set-up for roundy roundy than drags.
Best time to date is a 13.9@103, although I`ve not managed to get back into the 13`s yet this year, hoping to change that soon though.
Earlier this year at shakey.
Having fun around Mallory Park this spring.

Cheers, mach1dude.
andyrob

Post by andyrob »

nice cars, I'm sure Ive seen then yellow one round several tracks, what series do you race in ?
was the track picture just after devils elbow - starts of starts finish straight ?
Last edited by andyrob on Tue Aug 28, 07 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life is not a spectator sport

www.andyrobinson.eu
andy robinson

68 572 coronet RT
72 440 chrysler new yorker
69 518 daytona
Holly

Post by Holly »

Great to see you over here, 'tis an AWESOME car (maybe let the others in on whats under the skin? ;)) It could run rings around many Mopars (* thows self on his sword * :D)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

andyrob wrote:nice cars, I'm sure Ive seen then yellow one round several tracks, what series do you race in ?
was the track picture just after devils elbow - starts of starts finish straight ?
Thanks, mine the white one, the yellow one is owned by a friend who races in one of the historic race classes. I don`t race in a series but just do track days, the pic is just after the hairpin and just before the devils elbow.

This pic is on the devils elbow;
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

James K wrote:Great to see you over here, 'tis an AWESOME car (maybe let the others in on whats under the skin? ;)) It could run rings around many Mopars (* thows self on his sword * :D)
Nice to be here, `tis only a 351Cleveland with a five speed manual under the skin. 8-)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Ian. Welcome. :)

For those that are interested, the yellow car is Martin Edridge's current historic racing machine. His old one is now in Glasgow, which is where Ian's car came from ....

All the best
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Welcome aboard! Ian is it?
what neck of the woods are you from? I'm sure I've seen that Mach 1 around here... :roll:
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Holly

Post by Holly »

I was thinking of this stuff ;)
mach1dude wrote:Hi, when I brought it 5 years ago it was a stock automatic car. Since then I`ve converted it to manual, fitted disc brakes to the rear, changed the rear end gears, repositioned the front suspension mounting points to give better geometry-same as the Shelby GT350R`s. Lowered all around and replaced all rubber bushes with polyuerathane ones, Changed the cylinder heads for the Aussie 2V closed chamber type to increase the C/R to around 10.7:1, and fitted better,more sopportive seats. I use the car on the street, do some drag racing - best time so far is 13.9/104 and my favourite use is track days, usually at Mallory Park but have done Donnington a few times and Silverstone once earlier this year. Replaced the BFG tyres with Yoko`s A539`s a year or so back and transformed its handling.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

James K wrote:I was thinking of this stuff ;)
mach1dude wrote:Hi, when I brought it 5 years ago it was a stock automatic car. Since then I`ve converted it to manual, fitted disc brakes to the rear, changed the rear end gears, repositioned the front suspension mounting points to give better geometry-same as the Shelby GT350R`s. Lowered all around and replaced all rubber bushes with polyuerathane ones, Changed the cylinder heads for the Aussie 2V closed chamber type to increase the C/R to around 10.7:1, and fitted better,more sopportive seats. I use the car on the street, do some drag racing - best time so far is 13.9/104 and my favourite use is track days, usually at Mallory Park but have done Donnington a few times and Silverstone once earlier this year. Replaced the BFG tyres with Yoko`s A539`s a year or so back and transformed its handling.
:?
mad machs

Post by mad machs »

Hi Ian,

Welcome aboard the board :thumbright:
Mike that is called Mike.

69 Dodge A108
73 Mach1 Mustang
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ivor wrote:Welcome aboard! Ian is it?
what neck of the woods are you from? I'm sure I've seen that Mach 1 around here... :roll:
Hi, I`m west midlands based, not sure where Bicester is. Maybe I`ve been through there a few times and you`ve seen me?
Rich

Post by Rich »

mach1dude wrote:[
Hi, I`m west midlands based, not sure where Bicester is. Maybe I`ve been through there a few times and you`ve seen me?

Lode lane????
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

RichDeb wrote:
mach1dude wrote:[

Lode lane????
Yes, you`ve seen my mach1 at lode lane! I have some friends live there who also own mustangs.
I`ve seen your car about lots, where are you from?
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

mach1dude wrote:
Ivor wrote:Welcome aboard! Ian is it?
It's the other side of Banbury Ian...funnily enough I'm about 7 miles from Silverstone...so it was definitely you!
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com