Master cylinder adapter

Moderator: Moderators

Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

no experience but have seen them used in Australia just to fit a 2 stud cylinder to a car that has a 4 stud mounting

seem to remeber a certain knack was needed to adjust it all to work i.e lenght of pushrod etc

once in though no difference other than the benefit of having a new mastercylider opposed to a rebuilt one. In Oz at the time you could get NOS 2 stud mount ones but had to rebuild or sleave a 4 stud one.

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Well I have a straight 4 to 2 stud adaptor but what I am wondering is how easy is it to move the brake pedal over so that it lines up with the master cylinder on that adaptor.

I do seem to remember there was a spacer either side of my brake lever so I guess it must just be a matter of swapping them around or something? I think you should look into that aspect of it first.
Kev

Post by Kev »

I've got one of those (not fitted yet and not for sale) and the corresponding adjustable pushrod and lock collar thing. It seems to me that it's a case of putting the brake rod on the other side of the brake pedal on an A-body, although in my RHD configuration it look likes part of the column mount might get in the way......It's a nice bit of kit, Pete :thumbright:
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>