Radiators?

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Radiators?

Post by Anonymous »

Ok guys, I have no radiator at the moment.
The cars a 440 charger with a modded enginge.
Could I use a large radiator from another vehicle and use a seperate trans cooler? just temporary until I can afford the original/performance Rad?
Please say I can! [-o<
I do a lot of praying recently!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Bear in mind my technical knowledge is matched only by understanding of advanced thermo quantum phyics.....
But I have a 440 charger with a upgraded radiator and separate trans cooler so I say go for it!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

All I want to do is save a few quid at the mo, what I could do with knowing is there another rad I could fit from another car that would do the job for a while until I can afford a good upgrade?
The engine I have has had many upgrades so (and I should not really skimp on this but need to save the dosh) is it possible to get something?
I can run a seperate trans cooler.
I went looking through our parts department and found a couple of big rads, some with trans coolers in, these would come very cheap!!!
Any advice or if you have a rad that I can recore etc let me know!
Guy

Post by Guy »

Have a chat with Duncan I am sure he will have a old big block rad with a knackered core get it recored for about ?120.00 ( thats what mine cost) with a low hieght core this effectivly doubles the coolin capacity of the rad run with a seperate trans cooler (bigger the better) Stick a big leccy fan behind the rad and forget your coolin woes.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Ive got a big block Rad for a B body you can have for ?50. Its ok and was re cored about 6 years ok. The bottom hose is driver side but you can either get a matched water pump or get the outlet location moved.

Also got a brand new elec fan you can bolt on for ?30.

call me on 020 8748 7690 if interested.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Nick,
Nice one, I will have those off you!
Email me so we can sort things out
What a life saver
Now thats one less problem sorted! :hello1: