Weather beaten '68 Charger 4-speed Hurst

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

GTXJim

Post by GTXJim »

Back in the 80's when I was racing the GTX I was using radials and tried lots of different tyre pressures I found the best way to check tyre pressure for you weight of car , was to find a nice smooth light colored tarmac and test your launch starting with your normal pressure and measure and looking at the patten( darker in the middle too much pressure lighter not enough) and you want the widest footprint I read this in Car Craft seemed to work at around 26/28 psi also always drive around the water and dry launch to the line just to clean the treads :thumbright:
Petrol is for washing parts, Alcohol is for drinking, Nitro is for racing!!!

Hell Yeah!! I'm a Redneck
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

GTXJim wrote: always drive around the water and dry launch to the line just to clean the treads :thumbright:
:thumbright:
RayC

Post by RayC »

Think Dave & gtxjim are on the money with there advice :thumbright:

Look at it this way, at least your gettin plenty of track time for ya money :D :D :D

Keep at it, as long as your avin fun then wtf.....rather watch your charger amble down the strip than some rice griding 5 hitter.......enjoy :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Bloody hell, I reckon we've started a whole new topic on drag tyre pressures. Who is going to open a fresh thread then?

I think you're all right - the tyres gripped but the engine bogged. I will be readjusting things soon. Due to be a daddy in 3 weeks so might have my work cut out. Just decided to order a new seat cover kit, so that will be fitted, along with headliner and the door cards from Nigel's car (vinyl koted black) fairly soon. Gotta scrub and paint the floorpan first.

Oh, here's a picture showing that I did at least beat a Skyline!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

PS: Note the thousands of stunned spectators. :trophy:
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

When was that picture taken through the walkway to the stands...I thought I was one of the last out on Sunday night! ;)
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

About 5 Ivor
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Amazed it didn't show the tumbleweed rolling by! :D
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sounds like you were lonely :help:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Booked in @ Bailey Trim (www.baileytrim.co.uk) for the new seat covers, headliner and carpet to be fitted. He's the dude that did the vinyl roof so should look good when done. Got to paint floorpan first and probably fit new quarterlight rubbers and other stuff...

STILL LOOKING FOR REAR VIEW MIRROR!

STILL NEED SUNVISORS TOO :help:

Baby due tomorrow :binky: 8-[ :help:
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

best of luck fella

can picture one or two of the projects taking a back seat while the new project works you :)

mine are 3 and 18 months now so i get out into the garage once in a while

just have to watch for them posting my keys and phone down the drain

or eating screws

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Are all Mopar sunvisors interchangeable or are they model specific :dontknow:

I have a pair of black visors in very good nick, no cuts or nicks. I think they are A Body so may be of no use to you.

I was going to take some pics and put them on the parts for sale. Have a look when I do and see if they are suitable

Any Sunvisor anoraks out there that know , speak up

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I wasn't sure either about A body being the same as B body but this suggests that they are?

Can anyone confirm?

http://www.profitautointeriors.com/prod ... BLRVW.html
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Perhaps we need some piccies of Charger sunvisors and pics of A body sunvisors to compare? I don't have even the arms so can't help there!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »