soda blasting

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

soda blasting

Post by Anonymous »

hello all ---on my 10 th car now + all wheels and bits and bobs i have done ---give you all an idear of price £750 for shell ,under ,engine bay ,boot ,inside car ,this is acid etch primed ,wings, doors, bonett ,boot extra ,-----these are good prices --just trying to drum up some biz ,thanks Andy www.suttonsodablasting.co.uk
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

That looks seriously tempting Andy!

Thinking about Rosie's Sunbeam Alpine, I could have the whole thing ready for paint in half the time so I could get on with the Barracuda.

Just a few questions:

Does it blow away all the seam sealer in the joints, or is it possible to leave most of the original stuff in there and seam seal over the top?

Would I supply the car with the doors, boot lid and bonnet just loosely attached? I think the wings are integral with the shell and welded on, I'd have to check.

And if that works out you can have the Barracuda as well! :D
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Looking good, glad to see you got set up eventualy. :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

At first i thought you were on about dry ice blasting, as not heard of soda blasting. Can you tell me the differences to say aluminium oxide blasting? Just had some alloy wheels shot blasted locally, the cast areas look great but it has made the machined areas very difficult to polish back as it has made them incredibly rough.
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

WillDatsun wrote:At first i thought you were on about dry ice blasting, as not heard of soda blasting. Can you tell me the differences to say aluminium oxide blasting? Just had some alloy wheels shot blasted locally, the cast areas look great but it has made the machined areas very difficult to polish back as it has made them incredibly rough.
Generally, Aluminium Oxide media blasting has larger size particles. Soda is much finer & will break down more easily on impact.

Put another way, generally finer finish when using Soda media
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Anonymous

soda blasting

Post by Anonymous »

hello all ,soda just removes paint ,just done some F1 wheels and a 1956 bristol,the soda with nott mark, scatch,metal leaving in its original condition ,also just doing some work for Gardern Aerospace ,which are rear wings
Anonymous

Blasting

Post by Anonymous »

HI Andy have a nephew who wants some blasting, his name is Rob I have forwarded your web.
Bob
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Hey Andy. Good luck with it.... If I were you, I would take on Ivors projects. Do a bit of bartering mate, get him to do some promotional work for you! I think he could help boost your company! :thumbright:
I am keeping this Mopar....... SOLD!
Anonymous

soda

Post by Anonymous »

jeff sounds like a good idea ,bring it on Ivor ,deal poss ,thanks Andy
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Went down to see Andy at his new blasting premises, looks a god set up.
Showed me some bits he's done and the differnt types of blast matirial.

looks great, bring the work on.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Took the turn table off my caravan to be blasted at andys, gonna pic it up this week so will post pics when i get it back. :thumbright:
Anonymous

soda blasting

Post by Anonymous »

hello all ,thought i leave link to my web page ,hope to up date soon with lots of pics .thanks Andy http://www.suttonsodablasting.co.uk
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

CRAIG wrote:Took the turn table off my caravan to be blasted
:shock: Blimey you wanna fit a CD player mate.
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

:laughing3:

This looks very interesting. :-k Hmmm.... :read2:
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435