Compliance in Oz

Moderator: Moderators

Kev

Compliance in Oz

Post by Kev »

Have a look at some of these threads!
You boys don't know how lucky you are!!!!
Strip only for me by the looks of it :roll:
http://www.queenslandchryslers.com/foru ... m.php?f=27
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Sorry Kev, but :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

".....Cal-trac type bars are legal so long as you retain 100mm of ground clearance under them......."

What's that all about? :roll:

And that's nothing.....

Q. "I'm fitting late model seats to my ute, its factory 2 seater and I'm fitting them to the original Chrysler runners and therefore using the original mounting holes in the floor, do I still need to get them complianced, ie; a mod plate even though I'm not changing the seating capacity or mounting points?"

A. ".....what your doing sounds very simple but is a good example of how the legislation can bring you unstuck.

To break the situation down the mounting holes in the vehicle structure are unchanged and therefore remain within the guidelines. You are also using the original seat runners (which is always a good idea) so again no problems there. My immediate concern is to the size of the seat your fitting and how it will affect weight distribution on the original runners.

It may sound like I'm getting overeager but bear with me on this one. If the new seat overhangs the factory runners you change the weight distribution of the human torso on the seat, and could find yourself outside design parameters of the vehicle with potential for serious injury during an accident (heaven forbid it happens). Consequently the new seats will need to undergo a full inspection and once approved the vehicle will require a modification plate to be fitted."

As you say Kev - we dont know how lucky we are 8-)
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

They're having a laugh aren't they?

My Aussie mate, who emigrated here 20 years ago told me about this and I didn't believe him :roll:

I thought it was supposed to be really laid back in Oz?
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

That's just the car stuff....
I've heard just about everything has it's own set of do's and dont's.
What can you tell us,Kev?
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well I suppose having such a strict set of rules makes em feel comfortable. Its a heritage thing.

Its that sort of anally retentive approach that allowed our industry to be throttled by Health & Safety snipers. :(
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Clivey wrote:Well I suppose having such a strict set of rules makes em feel comfortable. Its a heritage thing.

Its that sort of anally retentive approach that allowed our industry to be throttled by Health & Safety snipers. :(
that,s w4n7 kev wont be able to leave the home ;) :D :D :D
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

16 year old kids dieing in horrible fireballs on deserted backroads after a gutload of grog is the issue

or pileing through town after a sprinkling of rain and stacking it bigstyle into the nearest granny

the "ROAD TOLL" for each state is a set of statistics about acciendts and deaths on the road

after each bank holiday it appears that the whole of OZ eagerly awaits this grusome figure in the same way we anticpate the grand national results the football scores or the boat race.

we talk about the weather

they talk about irresponsible driving and the death and distruction on the roads

its a national concern and as is necessary when something causes unrest amongst the masses both local and national govrnment have over the last 30 years reponded dutifully by tieing everyone up in red tape that is different for every state.

granted there are more people killed and injured in london on the roads in 1 week than the whole of queensland can muster in a month but if you life is unhinderd by terrorisim hoodies and knife crime

road death dehydration of daft poms that get lost in the bush and shark attacks take up that space.

rant about it enough and the governement suddenly has to do somthing in order to stay in power

i will reduce the road toll seems to have been popular a politicians cry in all aussie states apart from NT where they just don't give a Bananarama!

to really get a feel for this

register on the hemi6pack forum and look for the 1000 page post titled "tails from the tilt tray"
its a blog by a bloke who does salvage and accident recovery complete with pictures of the mangled wrecks

its one of the most popular threads and is filled with pearls of wisdom regarding the stupidiy of youth and how to reduce the ROAD TOLL

Remeber

" Drink and Drive your're a Bloody Idiot"

Catchy

ROAD TOLL OZ = credit crunch, house price slump, illegal imigrants UK we and our respected Press get in a tissy in just the same way

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Kev

Post by Kev »

Every weekend in the news there is a big issue of peeps dying on the road. What I find weird is chassis connectors are barred.....Safety gone mental?? :roll:
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

family cars(i.e the kids drive them as well) 5 litre, big torque, tyres designed to survive mainly concrete road surface or uncapped tracks. i.e more like plastic than rubber

mainly automatic gearboxes

no rain for weeks fuel spills rubber and brake dust

an attitude that says nail it whatever the weather

then rain = chaos

when it rained in syndey i could see 10 minor crashes in an afternoon the place turned into a skating rink. i just avoided going out

and my aussie tyres do not like wet tarmac over here. even with my small motor and hairdresser gears its as though they hover above the road surface.

i ended up facing the wrong way halfway round hammersmith broadway and i wasn't doing nuffin, honest officer.

Dave
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

Kev wrote:Every weekend in the news there is a big issue of peeps dying on the road. What I find weird is chassis connectors are barred.....Safety gone mental?? :roll:

ah the news

channel 10 news

ahhhhh

sandra sully

MMmmmmm

me like sandra

rubbish news reader

cant say buffet or foyer

fluffs her lines

but she can jump in my car any day

Dave