collapsed lower joint?

Moderator: Moderators

latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

That's why there's a grease point on the joint ;)
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Guy

Post by Guy »

:shock: I hope there was not much damage to the bodywork or sump, it does not look like you were going very fast when it happened.

Didn't Neil have something simular happen to him on the way down to the Nats this year?
steveo

Post by steveo »

latil wrote:That's why there's a grease point on the joint ;)

:iagree:

also ball joint rubber boot gets damaged some how , lets water in causes the it to rust over a period of time

sorry to see that happen :( ..don't look like any body damage ... would be intrested to see a picture of what going on with the suspension that side .... ball joint ect :atthemovies:
latil

Post by latil »

When I started on the Fury,the lower ball joints were fairly worn,replacement was one of the first jobs. FSM suggests that maximum wear/free play should not exceed 70 thou,mine were close to that and that much movement is enough for MoT failure.When I inspected the old joints,the top enclosure of the ball,the bit under the rubber boot,was full of radial hairline cracks and could easily have failed. What I don't know is whether these cracks were from years of hard use on rough roads or if the damage was caused by the ball joint splitter.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:shock:

Looks like Alans motor on a normal day out. :D
latil

Post by latil »

:shock: Now I thought maybe the housing was so worn that the ball popped out,which is usually the case. That looks like the housing has separated,either fractured or if if pressed together,has pulled apart. :shock:

latil

Post by latil »

That's it,bottom swivel.

steveo

Post by steveo »

:shock: was half expecting a sheered off stud from corrosion thats what normaly happens ... defective part :-k be interested to see if there is any sign of seperation or movement on the other side ..get a long bar in there & leaver it :-k
latil

Post by latil »

The damage is exactly like the Chally I was offered years ago,that had caught a missing manhole cover. You've not thumped a big pothole or kerb recently? :?

the dodge

Post by the dodge »

shame to see that limelight, hope its not to serious and can be easily sorted

p.s did you get my pm?
ticking away the moments that make up a dull day, you fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.

no car - buts its gotta be a mopar!