Santa Pod RWYB 06.02.2005

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Santa Pod RWYB 06.02.2005

Post by Anonymous »

im going to try me lil' grey 120Y up the strip later today (sun) anyone else coming up to the Pod?
Blue

Post by Blue »

It's looking damp and misarable out there, I think not, I feel a couple of hours in the workshop coming on, good luck!
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I went last week Will, your timing stinks :D
Rich

Post by Rich »

C`mon Will,how dya get on?? :?:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Rich

they dried the track out and didnt let cars on till midday but no more rain and only like 40 cars out there so loads of runs!

ran 14s all day, best was 14.47 at 99

standard open diff, street tyres

only second time ive taken it to a strip, a daily driver for last 5 years, so i cant grumble but it would be nice to squeze it in to the 13s with some kind of decent diff!

still blew away some more powerful cars ! :D
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

nice plate! :lol:
1968 Ford Fairlane 500 Wimbledon White. Currently a 302 auto but to be 410 4 speed.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

yeah shame it has the zero really!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Will, I hate to ask this..but on yer slip what does 26 seconds at 52mph, apart from the kiddie dragsters?
Well done mate on that time slip though, very respectable, another 1 mph and you'll be needing "additional safety equipment".
Rich

Post by Rich »

Well done Will.If I get a 14.4 from my lump I will be pleased..
Do any datsuns run an LSD or will you have to go for another make.Capri 2.8i special maybe???
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

cant remember what was that slow, must have been a LDV van or maybe that was the Sierra cosworth that blew its gearbox up :)

there was an ultra ratty roof-chopped morris minor there with a TVR engine, i think it was running 13s. not amazing but was quite funny

one car that i would love to have beaten but couldnt quite manage it was a corsa, with a 2 litre turbo engine running Nitrous , that pulled a 14.3

My mate with silvia -powered '79 sunny ran a 14.42 which was pretty good considering his car cost about ?200 to build!