Aussie, South African or Kiwi Valiant Wanted!!

For Australian cars, Mopar or other.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

there ya go

1 week and 1 charger pops up

NICE!

if you are doing a Geoghegan tribute then you will need a manual box and a 265.

the box may be an issue....nothing but

aussie val
aussie ford
Leyland P76 used them

Leyland P76 has the same ratios as the E49 but the wrong length input shaft....so you need a valiant input shaft for all boxes that are not Valiant orginally.

ford box has different spline and length input and the honey pot for the shifter handle is in the wrong place. they used them in falcons fairmonts and cortinas

all get called borgwarner Single rail.

mind the 3 speed is stronger and is often cheaper to buy

for 265 engine you can import from Oz
cost of motor + 300-500 quid to ship via normal methods

Sandy has a contact with a man who ships out of Newscastle NSW...(actually i need to contact him about a dash pad) have met the fella but not heard from him for a long time..seems like a good bloke, he ships containers so the cost may be less hard on the pocket depending on what else is in the container. trouble is it doesn't get shipped until its full....and that takes a long time.

or try a guy call OzHemi who is called jeff. he posts on Moparts and Moparmarket.

he has 2 265s at least, in the states (Garden grove Calif.) that he wants to sell and getting stuff from there to here is so much easier

if you can't find him

email Mal at the moparmal's Ezine website (part of the aussie mopar webring) he is jeffs partner in crime

Jeff is in the US Mal is in Oz

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ford eventually put the single rails behind the 351's in GT's, from late 74 on, and ran them right out until 'last of the V8's ESP's' in November, 1982.

There was a little glitch in '76 when they slung a load of left over Top Loaders into Falcons for 'homologation purposes'.

In comparison with the TL's the actual 'shiftability' is nicer on the single rails.

Isn't the nylon shifter ball problematic ?

On Fords, the clutch actuation mechanism is all hydraulic PBR stuff. Reasonable priced master and slave cylinders and very good, and the bellhousing/clutch arm/slave cylinder (as seen in the photo) are the same as used on Top Loader's as well.
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

plastic ball bit is ok

provided you can keep it screwed into the cup

ebay for a metal one which cuts its own threads after the standard one is no good

otherwise

it just comes out in yer hand....all the time

Dave
Anonymous

Bugger Bugger Bugger

Post by Anonymous »

Out of work for the next 2 weeks at least, until the site i'm on is back up and running, all Valiant plans on hold for the time being but i'll be following up in a few weeks fingers crossed thank you all for the leads.
Anybody know if theres an adaptor plate to fit the Celica 5 speed box up to the hemi 6
Giles
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Don't you mean the Supra box ?
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

You need a supra turbo box...

yes

both dellow automotive and castlemain rod shop do a kit

however i don't belive its an easy bolt in if you want to get the tailshaft angle to the diff right with standard ride height.

a big hammer is necessary

and

you need the correct tailshaft housing on the box otherwise the Odd charger driver position means you take your ribs out on the steering wheel while reaching for the stick.

supra turbo style boxes were also used in some vans

same case crap ratios different tailshaft housing and shifter position

Rodshop will tell you exact code numbers for the box you need

Nuprocess 4 speed box might be easier (A body A833).. with hydraulic clutch set up as per sandys pic.

you would need a single rail bell housing and perhaps the hydraulic clutch off a centura or as indicated off an aussie 4 speed ford (my guess is its the same part)

the passenger side of the tunnel needs cutting out for about 6 inches to clear the linkages

tail shaft yoke needs to be the TF one

http://www.moparmarketforum.com/forum/v ... hilit=A833

Dave
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Dave,
Was this guy you spoke to about the 2 hardtops in UK??? And are we talking about widebody Hardtops?

That would certainly prove the previously unsubstantiated rumours I had heard about 12 being imported to UK.

Hi Giles,
You should be able to afford an Aussie Charger in UK, they seem to go for next to nothing these days. Especially projects.

Was the Skegness one sold? (I forgot the owners name).
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yes it was me, still trying to get more details on the cars, the original owner died about 2 years ago and it was him who told me that they were still in the area, when I was looking previously, he had bought them both from the scrap man. Am hoping photos showing reg numbers may turn up.

Skegness Charger?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

DodgeRover wrote:Yes it was me, still trying to get more details on the cars, the original owner died about 2 years ago and it was him who told me that they were still in the area, when I was looking previously, he had bought them both from the scrap man. Am hoping photos showing reg numbers may turn up.

Skegness Charger?

skegness charger

Green
in primer and filler
sold outside of ebay auction in Jan

went to an owner who had owned it in the 70s

he paid the asking price which was i think about 3K

i.e picked up a good rolling shell with all parts except drive train.

Dave