Mopar and Comic Relief - Red Nose Rally

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Mopar and Comic Relief - Red Nose Rally

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd post some details of the Red Nose Rally that I'm doing from the end of next week with Chris Moyles, Radio1 and BBC3 !.

My Charger is being transported up to Inverness on Tuesday, ready for the run from John O Groates to Lands End, starting on the 4th March and ending in Television Centre on Red Nose day, March 11th.

The Rally will consist of Me and My Charger ( General Lee ) a Starsky and Hutch Torino, Knight Rider Trans-Am and an A-Team van + various BBC vehicles.
We will be raising money for Comic Relief in every town and city that we pass through and many people have pledged money for Chris Moyles and various Celebrity type people to do things for them on the way through their home towns.

If you would like to come along and throw money, beer , sausage rolls and anything else you fancy at us ( parts for a 69 Charger ?), below is a list of the places we will be stopping at. These are overnight stops, so will be visiting many other places on the way, but not certain of the exact route as yet.

4th March - Start -John O Groates 13:00
Inverness 17:00

5th March - Depart Inverness 12:00 for Edinburgh

6th March - Depart Edinburgh 12:00 for Newcastle

7th March - Depart Newcastle 12:00 for Liverpool via Leeds, and Manchester.

8th March - Depart Liverpool 11:00 for Cambridge via Birmingham and Coventry.

9th March - Depart Cambridge 11:00 for Cardiff via Slough and Bristol.

10th March - depart Cardiff for Lands End via Exeter and Plymouth.

11th March - RED NOSE DAY ! - Depart Plymouth 11:00 for London via Honiton, Yeovil and Fleet Services ( M3 ) and finishing Live on BBC1 during the Friday night broadcast.

So please, if we are near you, get your Mopar out of the Garage and come and find us. Its all in a good cause and should be a great laugh.

All the best ..Neil.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

let me know when you have a better idea of the route as you will be passing thru cov on the 7th and I may be able to sneak a half day off work - unless you can drive very fast and get here on the sunday?
Ah just seen you have a Ford with you - guess you will be here very late on the 7th then! :lol:
Holly

Post by Holly »

Thats a nice thing to do, should be fun :) Good luck on raising lots of money!

Unfortunately the route (as with most all these things) won't go anywhere near here :(
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

How near to Swindon will you be passing?

If you want Rosco to give ya a chase........
Kev

Post by Kev »

Hush your star seeking mentalness!
I reckon we should sponsor the Dude!
I know money is tight for us Mopar Dudes but what d'ya reckon?
Every dude on here (who ain't that skint) send a Fiver to Wherever, get it sorted as an MMA donation and it's more Street Cred for us. I suggest sending the monies to Matt. Address to follow......
(Save's you lot flirting with the bird dressed up as a School Bitch and putting your money in the bucket that you (to save your conscience) think is going to Comic Relief but really ends up spent down the MakkyDees or on Boots No.7, or maybe drugs) Think About It Fellas! :shock:
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Guy

Post by Guy »

I'm up for that Kev great idea. :thumbright:
Guy

Post by Guy »

They will be talking Terry if they notice that we were both up at seven on a Sunday morning :)
Anonymous

comic reief & mopar red nose ralley

Post by Anonymous »

James if you get the ball rolling on an mma sponsorship donation let me know where to send the cheque as this would hopefully encourage other clubs to do the same. :)
Alex

Post by Alex »

I'm in..
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well I'm skint like some of you guys are and like me its probably due to our passion for these cars, so the way I see it is another fiver won't make any difference to me so count me in as well. Good idea Kev and good luck to the guys doing the run, respect is due.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I'm in too...
Holly

Post by Holly »

Matt is away until monday, see what he recons then ;)

'tis a good idea, and I'll chip in too of course.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Good Idea - I'm In !

Great to see you made it on here at last Neil - I am sure the General Owners are quietly turning this into the "General Lee Muscle Association Club" !!!

Glad to hear your car is all but ready for the run, I am up for tagging along from Plymouth to Exeter on the Friday, or running from Bodmin down for a mile or two on Thurs, I have mentioned to a couple of the other MMA guys (C.P. you there??) down here as well, so not sure if we can get a convoy going !!

Give us a call when your times are firmed up or when your down here.

Dan