Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Would september be enough notice?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

David, September would be Capital :wink:

I was hoping you werent going to say something like May, or June.

I am aiming to have my car back on the road for Mopars at Brooklands in May (will be tight) so any time after will be good for me. I reckon it could cost about ?600 in gas though (on a 10-to-the-mile guesstimate), unless I hoof the old girl now and then which, with a rebuilt gearbox, and what is practically a new engine, is very blummin likely.

Do you wanna get this off the ground? I am deffinately interested if you do. Would be nice to get some feedback from the other members cos one thing the exercise aint gona be, is CHEAP
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Only 10 to the mile? Tisk tisk. I get a whopping 13! :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I am definately interested as I will have my Charger back by then - with a rebuilt eng & trans :)

I would probably be able to tag along for a couple of days.

Perhaps we need to think of a name for this event?
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

If we could pick a route that could be done in say three days that would be two nights in a travel lodge or camped in the back of some members garden?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Oh, and I think it would be good to go with your idea dave of setting a route and people hooking up, slitting off as we go round. On a logistics thing, Will and Neil B live near me so for instance, we could dhoot down and pick up the swindon guys, cornwall, wales, midlands west, midleands east, norfolk suffolk guys, we go home and you lot carrying on. sort o thang
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ok ok :oops: :roll: 10 to the gallon
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Oh so you are thinking of something that could be done in a day?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

sounds good - there are at least 4 of us in Swindon - 3 Chargers and a Dart Sport! I think there are a few down Bristol way too....
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Dammit, you would plan this for the time that my Charger is off the road!
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Well non of us can say for sure if we will be running at the time or not. These are old cars after all.

Logistics are not really my thing but if we had enough people and if we could make the event attractive with nice or cool places to visit on the way around i think it could work. I would not enjoy a road trip that only took in motorways and service stations.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I should think it is do-able. It looks as though there is at least some interest. I dont want to do motorways either.

How cool would it be for about 25 or 30 Mopars to decend on a small Yorkshire village. I should imagine with all the horse power that might turn up, we could re-surface their little lanes for em courtesey of BF Goodrich :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

they have been driving most of the way but have transported on occasions but i dont know why
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

We could do it as an annex to the Mopar Nats. A tour of UK picking up all the cars and people all finishing at Santa Pod in one big cruise.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Long distance ?

You guys are taking the mick, surely ? :D