Australian Chryslers in the UK

For Australian cars, Mopar or other.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Australian Chryslers in the UK

Post by Anonymous »

I posted this once before, but just in case some of you missed it, here you go again.
Minty

Post by Minty »

THats interesting stuff sandy,hav,nt seen that before.Been a while since i saw that picture,mines 2nd row far left when it was white,was a lot lighter then as it was full of filler :shock: .Love to get a back issue of that as i lost mine when we moved,Thanks for posting Sandy
1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770 -1006 Magnum 360 Rocket ship
1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770 rolling shell under restoration -667
2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
Blue

Post by Blue »

I think that's Gringo's old Charger at the Pod. The '70 Valiant on the left in the last picture was a local car round here for many years. It was for sale a couple of years ago down in Battersea looking a pretty sorry state....
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Blue and Terry,

'Restored Cars' in an Australian magazine. Annoyingly, I have the actual magazines featuring the Fords and Holdens, but just the scans for the Chrysler article.

Here are some enlargements.
Kev

Post by Kev »

The story I was told was that VE in the last pic had a 440 and bent the whole shell and was written off. The steel bonnet ended up on my VE with the scoop cut off and that silly little letterbox scoop was stuck on.....
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Minty

Post by Minty »

i remember Berts VG front left,think it had a360 in it,think he tunnel rammed it has well,wonder if any of them survived,maybe matt might know.
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

smashing stuff.... sandy

hello Minty how are you.....

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Minty

Post by Minty »

Great Dave,thanks for asking ,its nice to be back,been trawling through all the treads catching up ,hope you and the car are well.
Gringo

Post by Gringo »

Blue wrote:I think that's Gringo's old Charger at the Pod. The '70 Valiant on the left in the last picture was a local car round here for many years. It was for sale a couple of years ago down in Battersea looking a pretty sorry state....
Yeah you're right Blue. Never quite got it finished. Needed a higher stall convertor to match the cam, and the gears were extremely gay! Stock exhaust manifolds never let the engine breathe properly, but getting performance headers was virtually impossible. I would have had them custom made if I'd have kept it. Should've been good for mid 14's when finished I reckon. Still embarrassed the guy with the ProStreet Mercury Cougar at the Picnic that year... :D
Gringo

Post by Gringo »

Here you go...