Chips Dodge

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Steve Chapman

Chips Dodge

Post by Steve Chapman »

This week i have been mostly painting.
Steve Chapman

Post by Steve Chapman »

more
Last edited by Steve Chapman on Sat Apr 18, 09 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Chapman

Post by Steve Chapman »

more
Last edited by Steve Chapman on Fri Apr 17, 09 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the dodge

Post by the dodge »

nice colour, looks a good job

:thumbright:
ticking away the moments that make up a dull day, you fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.

no car - buts its gotta be a mopar!
TYREMAN

Post by TYREMAN »

Fantastic =P~ not seen a Mope that color before...nice. :thumbright:
Steve Chapman

Post by Steve Chapman »

Thanks Dodge and Tyreman,had to re enter the middle pics for some reason, hope there all avaliable to see now. :lol:
TrevD

Post by TrevD »

somedude is painting your beautifull grey car a funny blue colour with some shine thrown in :lol: looks like a good job, the colour suits it, what colour is it (dont say blue)
too much is never enough
Rogue Trooper

Post by Rogue Trooper »

8-) great job Chip.
1970 Charger 500
1934 Coupe
1954 F100
1972 Norton Commando Fastback

Your Mum Says Hi.

Mopar a God amongst insects.

Rule in Hell or be a Slave in Heaven.
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

Very good. What I'd give to be able to spray!

(And weld, do bodywork, fix cars etc.... :roll: )
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
Anonymous

Foose

Post by Anonymous »

Keep this up and they will be adding FOOSE to your name mat great job :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

looks fantastic :thumbright:
Doug

Post by Doug »

Bout bloody time Chip :lol: looking good, you can see diff those flourescant tubes can do to original light on the colour
MOPAR - Move Over Power Arriving Rapidly

Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My Mopar upon you
Steve Chapman

Post by Steve Chapman »

Thanks yall, decided to do it this week as the boss said to get it in over Easter and do it ,as the firm closes down for a week before the rush starts. I work for Econ in Ripon , the main supplier of Gritters in the country, when we get back on Monday the yard will be filling up with knackered Gritters to go through for next season,Brakes ,Clutches ,Springs,Engines , rotten valves,Brake chambers etc.That and Boz called round last weekend with his 66, it looks fantastic in the metal. So first thing Tuesday i went to York to buy the materials and got to Ripon at dinnertime. Tuesday afternoon was spent getting it up on stands and stripping all the grills ,bumpers etc off it. Wednesday ,all day doing body repairs and rubbing down and masking up. Wed night rang Richard our painter and asked if he was up for abit of spraying Thurs ,he said he could call in for a couple pf hours on Thursday if i prepped it all. Thursday morning a bit of final rubbing down. Richard turned up at dinnertime and did a bit more body work, then we degreased the shell and wiped over with Tack cloths.He started firing on the primer while i nipped out for Sausage n Egg sarnies, when i got back the primer was on and he was mixing the top caot up. He put down 4 (wet) coats of 2 pack gloss. The colour is a standard RAL colour code 5013,Cobalt Blue. Friday was me building it back up and trying to fix Transmission leaks while it was up in the air.Drove out Fri 4pm. Richard says it need flatting down now and repolishing.
Steve Chapman

Post by Steve Chapman »

More the Blue in the paint booth Doug. The last shot is reflecting the red doors opposite, giving it a purpley hue, youll see it at York Raceway or Leeds cruise soon maybe. MOT on Saturday. :help: .
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

nice colour :thumbright: