American Car Show May 2nd Grays, Essex

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kev

Post by Kev »

May 3 Mayday American Car Show, St Cleres Hall Golf Course, old A13 road between Stanford Le Hope and The Orsett Cock, Essex (Contact 01277 373770)
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Steve,

We went last year and it poored, but ...................... the live band and atmostphere was well worth the mud. Before the rain really set in the cars and vans almost filled the field. Lots of locals. This event had a very nice feel last year and we are all looking forward to going this time. Hopefully without the rain.
?3.00 to get in most of which goes to Frances Hospice. Lots of beer, should I have said that :D

See you there :P
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well the weather held....just! Apparently it poured down in Kent but nice & dry in Essex. I thought the turnout was excellent and the quality of vehicles well about average. Seemed to be Mopars everywhere! Trucks, Cars the works!!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

If you missed this event, bad luck. The day turned out to be the best. If the sun had been out longer we would all have had serious sunburn. The over all winner of the day was the 1914 chain linked 15 litre machine that would go very nicely at the Brooklands Museum. One mile to the gallon. (and we all moan about our V8's :D) It was a Le France American. It came from Kent. He has 3 of these, he came over to the show to get a set of wheels for his S10 Ram. I really admire th guy for not actually putting it in a museum but using it. What a wonderful site.
Kev

Post by Kev »

Nice run out for the Valiant to settle the suspension after a full rebuild and new higher load rated front tyres. (No more "Yer tyres are flat, mate!") Quite a large show considering the lack of advertising. Bilko's head was a sight to behold after all that currant bun! He hummed and haad about leaving in case he'd won a pot, but to no avail. Never mind mate, it's only a matter of time! Coming home there was a nasty metallic rattling/graunching when turning left.....After doing a coupla lefts trying to scope out the sound with me big lug 'oles the noise transferred to turning right(?) I ascertained it was an empty tin of Dr Pepper rolling around in the back! If only all nasty noises were that simple!
Behold my pictures!
First pic shows the Chav's of Essex ignoring Mopar's finest to get a glimpse of a right dodgey convertible dreaming of cruising Romford Ring Road.
Second pic shows an OldHen driven by that old fella who worked on Chargers and Valiants in Oz, he told me how him and his mates designed the rear side roof pillar on me VE and how he used to nick parts and adapt them to his OldHen. Great stories.
Third pic shows how not to customise yer Dodge Pick up with dodgey paint and an even dodgier custom fabbed bed. (personal comment, not in anyway linked with the views of the MMA)
<center>
Kev

Post by Kev »

Fantastic Avanti!
<center>
Kev

Post by Kev »

RoadRunner up for 10 large. 440 4 speed with original # matching 383 included. Will deal on Challenger.
<center>
Kev

Post by Kev »

The Chirper and Roger show, pre interior strip down exhibition. At one point all us Mopar Men were queued up trying our keys in Roger's Trunk :shock:
<center>
Kev

Post by Kev »

Autoholic's Dart. Mmmmmm!
Terry's Lil' Red' was mobbed all day.
<center>
Kev

Post by Kev »

Almost Plum Crazy Charger.
<center>