ricksters 69 charger

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

thanks for the input guys :thumbright:
The guy thats doing the fabrication came round today he said no worries gonna start monday nite im just gonna do all the donkey work :D
Just gotta make a big list of all the bits i need and get them ordered :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Same old same old Rickster. Typical Charger rot areas so don't be alarmed mate. Repair pieces are available for all those areas because rot is so common at those locations.

tell you what thoguh. You were lucky with that flex plate. Never seen anything like that before that still ran ok. I would have expected that to fail very shortly after the first pieces broke. Suprised it ran for long like it at all.

Anyway, you will never bore us with too many pictures, we love em so keep posting them up, we're all eyes.

Oh, and best of luck matey :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Rickster,

Think your are gonna have to bite the bullet and do 'FULL QUARTER SKINS'!
I have done loads of Chargers and there is no quick fix unfortunately.
Also put a 'Full Floor Pan' in too!
Much easier than putting in four seperate sections. :D

Good luck bacca. :thumbright:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 20, 10 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

just a quick update took grille off last nite half the bolts were missing that explains why the grille surround was cracked it wasnt bolted to the wings :shock: hopefully the welding and cutting starts tonite :thumbright:
Attachments
Charger front end.jpg
Charger front end.jpg (32.56 KiB) Viewed 935 times
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

just a update spent a few hours in the workshop on saturday the foot wells have been cut out and the new ones have been placed in for final fitting and i dropped the motor out on its k frame and stripped off all the front suspension and steering and brakes even the pitman arm came straight off :shock: :shock: today im gonna strip clean and paint and polybush the front end and maybe get the broken exhaust stud out the head :thumbright:
Attachments
Charger engine bay.jpg
Charger engine bay.jpg (33.52 KiB) Viewed 889 times
Charger sus.jpg
Charger sus.jpg (36.43 KiB) Viewed 889 times
Charger sus and brakes2.jpg
Charger sus and brakes2.jpg (42.53 KiB) Viewed 889 times
Charger sus and braker.jpg
Charger sus and braker.jpg (43.63 KiB) Viewed 889 times
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

pics
Attachments
Charger engine.jpg
Charger engine.jpg (44.07 KiB) Viewed 887 times
GTXJim

Post by GTXJim »

Good work there Rick :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Petrol is for washing parts, Alcohol is for drinking, Nitro is for racing!!!

Hell Yeah!! I'm a Redneck
steveo

Post by steveo »

your getting stuck in there !! keep the pictures coming ! love looking at stuff like this :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

bit of a update all the front suspension parts have been cleaned and painted and the lower control arms got bracing plates welded on all new poly bushes all the ball joints have been also cleaned and painted and new boots also removed ex studs so i can put the right bolts in also drilled out the broken ex bolt engine bay should be painted tomorrow the only thing thats holding me up is the metal work ive been let down :( i wish i could do it myself i think by the end of next week i will pretty much be at the point were all the stuff i can do will be done
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

pics
Attachments
Charger suspension2.jpg
Charger suspension2.jpg (56.92 KiB) Viewed 803 times
Charger suspension1.jpg
Charger suspension1.jpg (65.05 KiB) Viewed 803 times
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

update took the grille and light assembly right down to just the frame even got all the trim clips off :D have to repair some of the grille and paint it all up a mate is doing the repairing and painting as im crap at that sort of thing should be going back together by the weekend also got another metal guy he starts tomorrow any advice on any of this would be great :D :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

pics
Attachments
Charger grille 2.jpg
Charger grille 2.jpg (35.73 KiB) Viewed 769 times
Charger grille1.jpg
Charger grille1.jpg (37.12 KiB) Viewed 769 times
Charger grille.jpg
Charger grille.jpg (49.41 KiB) Viewed 769 times
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I got all the front suspension parts (except torsion bars) including K and grill frame shotblasted and powdercoated for around £350,money well spent I think.Grill is a proper pain to put together,think I have some of those black plastic spacers that go between the frame and the grill surplus to requirements if you need them.
Attachments
pc3b.jpg
pc3b.jpg (231.63 KiB) Viewed 733 times
pc1a.jpg
pc1a.jpg (234.04 KiB) Viewed 733 times
pc2a.jpg
pc2a.jpg (225.84 KiB) Viewed 733 times
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

hi norman ive painted the suspension stuff to make it look good to get it registered then next year most of it is coming off in favour of some trick bits :D and the grille frame if i gave it to the blasters here it would be blasted to hell come back twisted then i would be told it was allready like that :roll: four of those spacers would be great if you have them :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I've only got 3 of them mate,pm me your address and I'll get them off to you.