ricksters 69 charger

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Rick, Year 1 sell the spacers new. Black or white. Choice is yours (mine were white).

Putting the grille together can be tricky, depending on how much attention was paid when stripping it. For me, the most difficult bit was masking the grille for painting, but then the 70 has two wide ovals set within the grille which need outlining in silver argent. Just a friggin pain. Coming along though mate :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

thanks clive :thumbright: i really made sure i took my tlme taking it apart there were a few seized bolts but the came out with a slow drill and some really sharp drill bits :thumbright:
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Great stuff Rick, sorry I couldn't find you the right chrome moulding for the screen, I've got stacks here but they appear to be all Rootes Group!
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ivor wrote:Great stuff Rick, sorry I couldn't find you the right chrome moulding for the screen, I've got stacks here but they appear to be all Rootes Group!
:( :( :( might try somewhere like tonys parts really dont wanna be buyin full kits just for the sake of a couple of bits :(
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

norman wrote:I've only got 3 of them mate,pm me your address and I'll get them off to you.
Thanks norman got them today :thumbright:
Just had a quote for two spreader bars and levers that go in the rear drums for the hand brake 66POUNDS A SIDE !!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: does that quote sound right ????? :help: :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That's good and quick,the post office surprise me! Windscreen trim?,which bits do you want? I think I have a full set buried deep in my cupboard under the stairs minus one of the bottom pieces,I can't remember which.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

norman wrote:That's good and quick,the post office surprise me! Windscreen trim?,which bits do you want? I think I have a full set buried deep in my cupboard under the stairs minus one of the bottom pieces,I can't remember which.

When the post hooks up its really quick i need the two trims that run along the bottom of the screen also need two rear wheel arch trims but i dont think im gonna have any luck with them :(
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

just a bit of a update ive got most of the paint and crap off the engine bay so can start masking tomorrow night and most of the floor has been fixed we found a bit more rot than we thought so we had to get creative with the plating but all the rot was cut right out so there wont be any issues later on i know i could get full floors and other repair sections but i really dont have the time to wait for it all just want my car to be solid and made of metal and not filler ive put a few orders in so just waiting for bits now my torque converter and flex plate have turned up :thumbright: :D pics to follow
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

pics
Attachments
Charger engine bay2.jpg
Charger engine bay2.jpg (40.04 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
Charger engine bay1.jpg
Charger engine bay1.jpg (40.67 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
Charger engine bay .jpg
Charger engine bay .jpg (31.46 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

more pics
Attachments
Charger floor pan3.jpg
Charger floor pan3.jpg (36.94 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
Charger floor pan 2.jpg
Charger floor pan 2.jpg (40 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
Charger floor pan1.jpg
Charger floor pan1.jpg (38.15 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
Charger floor pan.jpg
Charger floor pan.jpg (36.93 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

a bit of a update the boot floor has been done and is ready to put some primer on also the front windsheild corners have been repaired also the engine bay is now painted and the main floors are finished and primered :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

pics
Attachments
Charger windscreen.jpg
Charger windscreen.jpg (43.08 KiB) Viewed 942 times
Charger boot .jpg
Charger boot .jpg (31.91 KiB) Viewed 942 times
andyrob

Post by andyrob »

:thumbright:
life is not a spectator sport

www.andyrobinson.eu
andy robinson

68 572 coronet RT
72 440 chrysler new yorker
69 518 daytona
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

a bit of a update most of the metal work is done engine bay has been stripped primered and painted also the motor has been paint stripped and primered and painted and is back on the k frame and now the motor and trans are back in the car also put the suspension and brakes and steering back on hopefully i can get the motor running by the end of the week :D :D also the floor and boot floor have been primered and painted

would anyone have a set of the rubber doughnuts for the front shocks that i can buy mie are shot and i cant get the car passed without them :help: :help: :help: also need a transmission cover for the 727 if anyone has on for sale :help: :help: pics to follow :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

pics
Attachments
Motor preped.jpg
Motor preped.jpg (43.13 KiB) Viewed 865 times
Painted floor1.jpg
Painted floor1.jpg (43.38 KiB) Viewed 865 times
Painted floor.jpg
Painted floor.jpg (37.73 KiB) Viewed 865 times