Superbird FaceBook conundrum

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Pete

Post by Pete »

Incidentally, I bought the "V" code one as described as "GoMango", but the bloke that had it de-coded the Fender tag incorrectly and it was actually a Tor Red one! Bonus!!!

I did not know at the time that they only made the Birds in 6 colours, plus the cock-up one that is in Garlits museum......
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

You youngsters are all the same.............. who used to go to Dixons place when it was in Shirley????? and his speed shop :roll: :roll: :roll: was in his spare room.

:P :P :P
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Used to go to Tonys at Shirley. Tonys "office" was upstairs I seem to remember with a constant supply of tea. He had Money Hungry and his 64 GTO in the garage and the monster Chevy surburban outside. Seem to remember him bringing in a green 70 440 Charger that turned up as a 383 when it got here.What happened to that I wonder?
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

[quote="PaulR"] Seem to remember him bringing in a green 70 440 Charger that turned up as a 383 when it got here.

And he sold it as a 440 to (:-$ :-$ :-$) and would not refund the money!!!!!!! Not The Only One that it happened to!!!

By the way Paul, you must be an "OL BUGGER" too!

PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Yes I'm an old git too but not quite as grumpy as you :thumbright: :P :P :P Come on spill the beans where did the Charger go and you NEVER said what happened to Steve Withers 68 Y2 383 4 speed Superbee from a post a long time ago.Can't remember if Steve had the Bee before or after he had Whits Aspen.
jerry

Post by jerry »

PaulR wrote:Yes I'm an old git too but not quite as grumpy as you :thumbright: :P :P :P Come on spill the beans where did the Charger go and you NEVER said what happened to Steve Withers 68 Y2 383 4 speed Superbee from a post a long time ago.Can't remember if Steve had the Bee before or after he had Whits Aspen.
Pretty sure Steve had the Bee after the Aspen, will ask him tonight

RR is the original Grumpy Old Git, he makes Victor Meldrew seem like Captain Happy :D :D :D :D
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Jerry , if you are still in touch with Steve ask him what happened to his PA Cresta and are you old enough to remember Paul " Bugsy" Bateman and his mate Ray who used to both live just outside Ripley near the Jovial Sailor pub. Ray had a Burnt orange 70 GTX and Paul had too many Mopars to remember.
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

Paul " Bugsy" Bateman and his mate Ray who used to both live just outside Ripley near the Jovial Sailor pub. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

jerry

Post by jerry »

PaulR wrote:Jerry , if you are still in touch with Steve ask him what happened to his PA Cresta and are you old enough to remember Paul " Bugsy" Bateman and his mate Ray who used to both live just outside Ripley near the Jovial Sailor pub. Ray had a Burnt orange 70 GTX and Paul had too many Mopars to remember.
Its Mark, I just steal Jerry's password every now & then.

I spoke to Paul Bateman about a year or 18 months ago, pretty sure he said he was working on or had 68SS. I don't recall a Ray, but the Orange GTX rings a bell.

I forgot to ask Steve tonight about when he got the Aspen or the GTX. When I'm here & not travelling, I probably see him once a week, so plenty of time to ask him again.
Pete

Post by Pete »

I have spoken to Paul a few times - and also bumped into him at the track last year (2010!!). He has a Barracuda that he is currently working on............
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Derek

Post by Derek »

R.RUNNER wrote:Tony Dixon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of the BIGGEST rip off merchants of the 70`s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you knew anything about the history of your "Petty Blue" Superbird, Pete, you would have a different oponion :shock:

OOOOOOOOO I could tell some stories :roll: :roll: :roll:

Andy, I nicked this from RnS just for you.LOL. :P :P :P
Attachments
1004d28a30f636d6 (Medium).jpg
1004d28a30f636d6 (Medium).jpg (70.24 KiB) Viewed 1716 times
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
JC

bee

Post by JC »

Paul the super bee was a 318 satellite
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

John, I know this was along time ago but I am certain Steve had a yellow 68 383 4speed Super Bee around 1980/1 I think Mr R.RUNNER could confirm this. Are you thinking of Paul Batemans old 318 Sport Satellite that Steve owned for a while after Paul had the 440 in it. Seem to remember Steve racing Whit in his Charger on the "new" A3 between Esher and Cobham one night. I think Whit won! Heres the Satellite
Attachments
69 satellite.jpg
69 satellite.jpg (87.67 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
JC

sat

Post by JC »

the yellow one became black and roy rudge had it for a time
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

PaulR wrote: Heres the Satellite

Didn`t Mark Fishwick own this one ?
Attachments