Carcoon storage systems.

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

sublimemike
Location: oxford - the dreaming spires where cars in the city are banned

Carcoon storage systems.

Post by sublimemike »

Anyone got one of these? If you have and you haven't been near your car lately I suggest you do. It seems these devices have been unable to cope with the massive temperature change we have all seen recently. A few weeks -10 and now up to +12 depending where you live. Result loads of condensation under cars around chassis rails , floors etc just where these old cars don't need it. I spent the weekend with a fan heater under the car drying it out. Luckily it was windy so got a breeze through the garage doors that helped. Phoned up the manufacturers and they held their hands up saying their system hadn't been able to cope. No sign of any water on the body - just underneath. I only noticed when my other car that wasn't covered started to have drops of water running off the wheels and the discs were starting to pit up with rust so I thought I would have a quick check. I'm thinking about putting a greenhouse heater in the bubble to see if that will help next really cold spell we get??
if you think speed kills don't get on a plane
steveo

Post by steveo »

been thinking about getting one also :atthemovies:
Roger

Post by Roger »

They are not really up to much. Had a couple of outdoor ones too, but much the same result. I think a permabag would be more succesful. Zero air flow and dessicant inside to absorb the moisture.

Im just going to build a massive car port instead!

I wouldn't buy another carcoon.
TyreFryer

Post by TyreFryer »

I'm on my second exterior Carcoon and I've been happy with mine Roger? I do run an electric heater inside when it gets really cold though.
Martin Walker
sublimemike

Post by sublimemike »

What KW do you run? Blow heater or tube?? Do you have it on a frost setting or just put it in when it gets -5 or worse??
TyreFryer

Post by TyreFryer »

1KW electric fan heater, I just turn it on as and when.
Martin Walker
sublimemike

Post by sublimemike »

Thanks Martin :) :)