Snide comments

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Guy

Post by Guy »

Well I wish you all the best Jeff, as the owner of the original message board I would guess you have been here the longest, Robbo would have been up there with you if he hadn't been banned for a while but he's off too , cant be many of us old ones left now.

I wish you and your family every success and hope you stay in touch :thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I didn't see the comments either but sorry to see you go Jeff, you are a big asset to the club.

However I do take issue with this comment from Andy - perhaps I shouldn't bite but...

"Considering as the majority of the Connected content is generated through posts and threads on here you would think it fair that the forum is subsidised by the Connected reader and not the other way around."

Andy, that's Bananarama! and you only have to actually read the magazine to see that. I and others travel, at our own expense, to provide content for the mag. We don't just lift stuff off the board, that was the way we used to do a lot of the classifieds but no more.

Remind me, when did you last contribute? I'll wait to see your submissions over the summer eh?
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

autoholic wrote:
Andy, that's Bananarama! and you only have to actually read the magazine to see that. I and others travel, at our own expense, to provide content for the mag. We don't just lift stuff off the board, that was the way we used to do a lot of the classifieds but no more.

Remind me, when did you last contribute? I'll wait to see your submissions over the summer eh?
I no longer read Connected so Ill not be contributing, I dont even know where its being sent, I guess to my old house in Scotland? So I guess you have a valid point, I dont know there the content comes from these days. But when I used to read the Mag it was mostly rehashed from threads on here. I not wanting to Bananarama! anyone off so Il say no more on the issue. :read2:
I'm here because Im not all there!!

Save the tree's.........Burn Rubber!!
MattH

Post by MattH »

[quote="Trigger_Andy]I no longer read Connected so Ill not be contributing, I dont even know where its being sent, I guess to my old house in Scotland? So I guess you have a valid point, I dont know there the content comes from these days. But when I used to read the Mag it was mostly rehashed from threads on here. I not wanting to Bananarama! anyone off so Il say no more on the issue. :read2:[/quote]

Your mag still gets sent to Scotland, as will your membership card so let us know the address please.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

Good luck, Jeff. :thumbright:

I think it will be a real shame not to see any more of your artwork in progress on the board. Always surprised me how little comments those posts got, but it's really awesome work and very interesting to see what goes into it and the end results. If you were still in the UK, I'd be enquiring about painting my lid at some point in the future.

Enjoyed having a beer at the few times we met at the Nats. Hope you end up in a position to get another Muscle car of some description soon.

I liked that Fury. ;)

Take care, Mate. :thumbright:
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Andy the purpose of the message board threads in the mag was to promote the messageboard to non users or members who were not even aware it existed and to hopefully get them to come on board when they see just what kind of useful info is on there. :P
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

DrogoBroadband wrote: hopefully get them to come on board when they see just what kind of useful info is on there. :P
Are we talking about the same club? :shock:

:help:
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

DrogoBroadband wrote:Andy the purpose of the message board threads in the mag was to promote the messageboard to non users or members who were not even aware it existed and to hopefully get them to come on board when they see just what kind of useful info is on there. :P
Yeh, and thats worked well! :roll:

sublimemike
Location: oxford - the dreaming spires where cars in the city are banned

Post by sublimemike »

I only joined the club recently - If this is what it's about then i've got better things to do in my spare time - 1st year will be the last year - supposed to be a hobby not a boxing match :help: :help:
if you think speed kills don't get on a plane
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

sublimemike wrote:I only joined the club recently - If this is what it's about then i've got better things to do in my spare time - 1st year will be the last year - supposed to be a hobby not a boxing match :help: :help:
TAKE NO NOTICE MATE. ALL FORUMS HAVE A LOAD OF BULL Bananarama! GOING ON AS WELL AS SOME INTERESTING THREADS ITS LIFE
YOU WILL FIND A LOT OFF PEOPLE THAT ARE WHIMPS IN REAL LIFE GROW BIG BALLS ON A COMPUTER/TEXIN/OR ON THAT FACE BOOK BOLLAX,
TREAT IT AS IT IS THIS MOPAR BOARD IS FINE,
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
sublimemike
Location: oxford - the dreaming spires where cars in the city are banned

Post by sublimemike »

umm - could go any place from here - all taken on board -Dunc.
:?
if you think speed kills don't get on a plane
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

sublimemike wrote:umm - could go any place from here - all taken on board -Dunc.
Mike a lot of posts are "tongue in cheek" when you meet up with members at a show or whatever you will be made welcome and see it is a great, close nit club. :thumbright:
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

[/quote], close nit club. :thumbright:[/quote]

We`re all "NITS" on here!!!!!! or should I say "NUTS".

:P :P :P

By the way DUNC, I`ve already got BIG balls ;)
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
Charger

Post by Charger »

sublimemike wrote:umm - could go any place from here - all taken on board -Dunc.
stick around chap, it’s still winter, things will warm up when the meets, races and shows start in the spring 8-) ;) :thumbright:
Si
1970 Charger 500
383 | 4bbl | 727 column | PAS | PAB | buckets/buddy - check out my photos HERE

If you don't want another same old brand-new car ... you could be DODGE MATERIAL

1970 Dodge Charger Registry - https://www.1970chargerregistry.com/
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Dunc, you said BIG BALLS! Im now offended! Please remove those choice words and replace them with BIG FURRY DICE! ;) :D