Florida

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Trigger_Andy

Florida

Post by Trigger_Andy »

I know Im covering old ground here but I thought Id ask anyway.

Ok, we have been discussing going to Florida in September with another family of 4. We dont really have any plans as of yet but we intend to just go to one of the resorts. Some one my Mate knows got two weeks at a Disney Resort all inclusive for £2500! I cant find anywhere a cheap as this. Does anyone know the best place to book though or have any hints and tips?

Cheers! :thumbright:
I'm here because Im not all there!!

Save the tree's.........Burn Rubber!!
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

If I still had my place there, you would be welcome.... But I still have lots of friends with houses there...

Email me ftp.jeff@mac.com

Jeff
I am keeping this Mopar....... SOLD!
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Not sure about the cheapest place to book, but UK TV is currently advertising all inclusive food when staying at the resorts.

Could save a few $'s with a family of 4 over 2 weeks.
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Cheers Jeff, I'll drop ya an email! :thumbright:

Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Dave81 wrote:Not sure about the cheapest place to book, but UK TV is currently advertising all inclusive food when staying at the resorts.

Could save a few $'s with a family of 4 over 2 weeks.

Im in Norway Buddy so I dont get UK TV, thanks all the same though!

Dart Vader

Post by Dart Vader »

Trig

As the resident (ex) travel agent here are some tips

Just make sure of a couple of things

1. Your flight dates are optimal, i.e. can you travel on say a Wednesday you may save some cash that way by not travelling main days. Also check who you flying with.

2. Check your flights are direct, sometimes go via somewhere, so this will affect arrival times

3. CHECK CHECK CHECK your disney package, the dining plans VARY between 2 meal snack type stuff to proper full on food. Also check what it doesn't include......its unlikely to be ALL INCLUSIVE, not as we may understand. Also check what park tickets you will get.

4. Rule of thumb...if its cheap now it wont be the closer you get to it. With transatlantic flights its a bit like easy jet, later you leave the dearer it gets. Unlike Thomas Cook to spain where the seats match the holiday one for one. Thats when they need to sell them cheap to clear the seats

5. Getting around the attractions is easy using the courtesy buses, any further afield you'll need a car. But you know that

6. Check the age at which a child is still a child. Airlines may have child prices different to Disney etc

Personally, if you can get that family of 4 to disney for that money (2.5k) on some sensible dates and it ticks what you want and what you EXPECT to get for your money Book it. I think if you look around to get it cheaper you MIGHT save £50 here and there but in the meantime someone else will book it

J
Justin "Supreme Leader" Greener
1970 Dodge Dart
1995 Mustang GT
1980 MGBGT
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Thanks for the heads up Ali! :D

I did not want to pester you again after picking your brain on the Caribbean last year.

Not sure of the plans yet but the points you made will come in very handy! :thumbright:

Adam

Post by Adam »

Might not suit you if you're looking for an all inclusive resort deal, but we usually book flights and car rental through Expedia, so that we can choose flight dates and times. You're covered by ABTA too.

For accomodation, we go for privately owned houses and condos now, so that you get space and all the amenities (kitchen, laundry etc.). For our recent ski trip to Colorado, we booked a luxury condo through Vacation Rentals By Owner. They cover all of the USA - here's the link for Florida: http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida

Worked out great - and unbelievably cheap. Obviously you are entering into a private contract with the owner, so your insurance may not cover you if things go wrong, but I think the risk is minimal.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Don't bother with Disney, just go to Kissimmee Old Town on a Saturday Nite and watch the best cruise on da Planet LOL!

Bacman.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Ya think? Nah Go to the drag strip! Sorry Strips.. Or even better go in October!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Jeff and All,

You can go to a dragstrip anytime methinks, you can also go to Disney Paris anytime, Voulez vouz?

But Kissimmee old town is well worth the 9 hour flight, the people, the shops, the cars is what real OLDY Worldy America should be like!

Beats California, except maybe the Mopar-only Spring Fling?
Pictures on their way end of April!

Bacman.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Sorry Bacca.... I really think the Kissimmee Old town cruise is OK for one visit... But anymore than that? Nah, not for me....

Surely you are not comparing UK drag strips to USA? Are you?

I also went to Lakeland 1/8 strip last time we were there... That was a lot of fun!

Tell me what you want to do there Andy.... I am sure I can help out.
MattH

Post by MattH »

Just re-read this as we are looking at going too.

Advice seems split, villa or resort. We will be 2 kids (9 & 11) 4 adults, me, Mandie and the in-laws. Its meant to be a surprise for the kids so i have to organise it.

Having never been, it looks to be a minefield.

Thomson seems good on packages with room only accomodation.

Bacca, thanks for the cruise info, will have to fit that in.

So whats best?
Villa or resort, package or DIY bookings?

Help :help: We are looking to go 19th August :shock:
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Matt, we'll be over at the same time then! :thumbright: :D

Deffo have to meet up one evening, we're gonna go for three weeks.

We ended up Booking a Villa through the Website Adam recommended. $650 a week split between two families is nothing, although the flights cost me over £2000! I still need to book car hire and park tickets but Im glad we're doing it the way we are.

autofetish

Post by autofetish »

I always found http://www.skyscanner.net/ really cheap for flights