High Plains raceway

Moderator: Moderators

drewcrane

High Plains raceway

Post by drewcrane »

The day before we left we did some track fun.

Roland has never been on a track before so it was part of the trip ,he was able to get his car out on the track but since it was his first time on a track of any kind he was a bit intimidated.

I don't blame him, this track is tricky and is a memory test, lots of twisty turns and elevation changes, also this track was funded ,and built by all the local clubs ,NO GOVERNMENT MONEY WAS USED.

but for me it is about having fun and going as fast as I can with out hurting the car I am a novice ,I really need to get out here more but time , money etc............not the best driving but I had alot of fun,considering the front end was cracked and I didnt even know it at the time

:?
andyrob

Post by andyrob »

Hi Drew that track will be really difficult to master, how long is it ??
It is devoid of features & reference points so will be a bugger to remember which corner is next never mind where you turn in & braking points are.
Looks good fun though & you had it to yourself
life is not a spectator sport

www.andyrobinson.eu
andy robinson

68 572 coronet RT
72 440 chrysler new yorker
69 518 daytona
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

andyrob wrote:Hi Drew that track will be really difficult to master, how long is it ??
It is devoid of features & reference points so will be a bugger to remember which corner is next never mind where you turn in & braking points are.
Looks good fun though & you had it to yourself
Yes it is about 2.5 miles long and after a few laps it gets easier but it still tests your memory as far as where you are on the track and due to the elevation changes, no trees it is blind in alot of places alot of people complain about that but for me I dont even care and yes I always try to be the lead dog I hate waiting behind slower cars :lol:
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Great stuff Drew. :thumbright:

Engine sounds really healthy! :twisted:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Philth

Post by Philth »

Enjoyed that. Thanks Drew!

Agree - your engine did sound very healthy and the car looked like it handled just great!
1973 Dodge Challenger
MMA 616