Some racing news to cheer Duncs miserable face up. :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Dave-R

Some racing news to cheer Duncs miserable face up. :-)

Post by Dave-R »

Dave "Tig" Napier left a message on my message board about the plans for his Challenger over the next two years.

Hi.
It's been a while but I'm so stoked about whats going on with this car that I have to tell someone .
I'll cut it short, 1200hp tunnel rammed N/A 655ci wedge and all the stuff to make it hook and stop.
We're seriously worried about the 8.50 chassis cert :oops:

Wont be out 'till at least 2014 with the new motor. Doing chassis stuff, brakes etc with the "mule" 580ci motor next year to make sure stuff works. One change at a time
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Crikey! :shock:

That sounds like a LOT of fun, I hope it all comes together, it will be a hell of sight.
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Thats 1 car I'd want to see run :thumbright: ....I think the 8.50 chassis cert won't be any good either unless the car weighs over 3700lbs all in...which I doubt....

Les
Turnip

Post by Turnip »

Les Szabo wrote:Thats 1 car I'd want to see run :thumbright: ....I think the 8.50 chassis cert won't be any good either unless the car weighs over 3700lbs all in...which I doubt....

Les
Its a full wieght Challenger, all steel with full interior as well
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

oh, ok, well then maybe he'll be ok on the cert then, just.....see what you mean about its 1 for Dunc...at 2800lbs..that cars got 7.80's potential :thumbright:
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

nice one though i am shocked he is not going turbo or superchargers,

he could then use his rear end as is and dial the power in through the track, i assume he is tubbing and 4 linking it now
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Cannonball wrote:nice one though i am shocked he is not going turbo or superchargers,

he could then use his rear end as is and dial the power in through the track, i assume he is tubbing and 4 linking it now
He is fitting a "slew" rate ign system to calm the launch if needed.

He also says the record for a Caltrac car stands at 7.22 at over 200mph! So I am guessing he is sticking with those.

Although always remaining street legal it hasn't seen the street for 2 years due to one thing or another. But he is determined to drive it on the street at least a little this year with the "small" motor.
db

Post by db »

..and watching this perfect launch you have to wonder why we bother with 4-links, etc :?

No-one will believe you...
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Cannonball wrote:nice one though i am shocked he is not going turbo or superchargers,

Reply from Tig (although he can't see this thread as it is members only).

Man, turbo's (or supercharger's) just make crazy power. To tell the truth I couldn't afford the chassis to do a 2000 hp engine justice 1500 hp is small block territory with those things.

With all the ducks in a row it may break out of it's chassis tag @ 1200 hp and 3900lb but only just, I think that will do! (for the time being ).

A slew rate system will dial back the timing through set instructions, timing will be put back in gradually or in timed stages from launch or dial back through drive line spikes, detected by a speed sensor on the propshaft. The latter is kind of a traction control and I'm not sure if it's legal in some drag classes (like the et classes). All of this stuff is adjustable via s/ware and a lap top. We fitted it last year but haven't tried it out yet, we don't use a rpm sensor on the prop though it would be handy for data .

We already monitor left and right bank air fuel ratio, rpm, temp and other basic parameters, you can learn a lot. For example, the motor would go lean at the top of the track despite the 250gph pump and 9/16 fuel line. I wouldn't run that on a 750hp motor let alone a 900 hp one since we found that out.

We'll be leaving the leaf springs on but we'll be updating them with a roll bar, sliders and d/a shocks. The front we'll probably go to a bolt in coil over system.

The plan is in place. Heads are or should be at Penske racing by now, hopefully they'll flow over 500cfm @.850 when done. Pistons, rods, crank, block etc are on order, should be starting to go together late march or early april. To be honest I can't wait .
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Thanks Dave,,Tig told me last year he was going big....Caltracs are the way people ,,,,Don,t get me wrong 4link is a must eventually bur ladder bars are history....Keep us posted Dave :thumbright:
Jesus saves but satan does that thing with his tongue you like
db

Post by db »

"With all the ducks in a row..."
Love it :lol:
No-one will believe you...