Swedish Super Stock!

Moderator: Moderators

Les Szabo

Swedish Super Stock!

Post by Les Szabo »

This is what we want to see here......isn't it.

Les
steveo

Post by steveo »

:thumbright: :thumbright:
Turnip

Post by Turnip »

2 of the Pro Et racers , Dan Williams and Rick Mcann, go over and race in it. They have prize money worth racing for :thumbright:
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

I'd love to see more of this sort of stuff in the UK...anyway, Pete Walton's on the case! :thumbright:
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Dan Williams is taking his car there and leaving it there this year ,so he can race the season....They have upwards of 25 cars trying to get in the field...Some of the cars make the very best stockers we have look Bananarama!.....The rules they run to are full NHRA rules,,,,we are not ready for NHRA rules yet , ...I know of two more NHRA legal stockers being built in England ,so that will make 4 i think....all Chevys :lol: ,,,,,and there engines can be $25,ooo to build....I am commited to make it work ,it will not happen over night , but it will happen :thumbright:
Jesus saves but satan does that thing with his tongue you like
db

Post by db »

:thumbright:
No-one will believe you...
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Your efforts are admirable Pete.....but

SUPER STOCK IS NOT A "HEADS UP CLASS"

Why make it one over here, the UK is the worst place to run H/UP classes, unless its sanctioned racing.

you want success?.....run it as ET brackets.

Les
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Les Szabo wrote:Your efforts are admirable Pete.....but

SUPER STOCK IS NOT A "HEADS UP CLASS"

Why make it one over here, the UK is the worst place to run H/UP classes, unless its sanctioned racing.

you want success?.....run it as ET brackets.

Les
Lez its along story but we are well aware of the SS rules....If you want to run strict NHRA rules we will have about 15 classes within a class ,power to weight ,stock rear ,stock interier ,stock heads ,forget it mate its to complicated at the moment,,,,First job is to get people into it ....Take Pete Wisemans Bee,,,,,Nhra rules would make it illegal.....model year ,engine size for year ,ali heads with stock size valves,stock carb,offset ground stock crank the rules go on and on..So for now lets just get the cars out there ,adapt the rules to suit THE CARS we have in OUR garagres...so heads up last year,this year a bit of both ,next year more events and brackett only,,,,I believe this class will work but it will take time .... Lez there is alot to it you do not see ,we can not run at an MSA event unless all the cars racing tag ,,,,Most of them will tag but its race suits ,boots ,belts that let us down a bit ....Also at non sacntioned events we must not be seen to race......So it has to be seen to be a bit of a fun thing .......Like i say Lez its going to take a few years to get it right...Strange thing is Lez your old 440 would be closer to being legal than most of us today :?
Attachments
16287_576856318994187_1425923509_n.jpg
16287_576856318994187_1425923509_n.jpg (30.75 KiB) Viewed 439 times
Jesus saves but satan does that thing with his tongue you like
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Yep your right Pete, I wasn't suggesting running NHRA rules over here, err, don't think so :lol:

I do remember Carlo saying to me that RWYB's etc. cannot be seen to be a race, now you mention it, hence just H-up only. I had forgotten about the "Red tape" and all that....been out of it all for too long, and old age I'm afraid :roll:

So as you say, you just gotta see how it grows and whether people will go the extra bit to have Suits/Belts and all the rest to race SS as a sanctioned class, then you could make it a Race with Brackets with enough cars.

Yeah the old '69 was much of a factory p/no's car engine wise, '69 block/906's etc., and would indeed be closer on spec than most today.

Ok, no more hassle from me :lol: :lol: 8-)

all the best with it all Pete.

Les