Moderator: Moderators

pete walton

Pete Wiseman,,, this is the only way to race,,,,

Post by pete walton »

Resistance is futile :thumbright:
Attachments
579052_167104820159393_798977185_n.jpg
579052_167104820159393_798977185_n.jpg (24.15 KiB) Viewed 1656 times
Last edited by pete walton on Wed Sep 18, 13 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus saves but satan does that thing with his tongue you like
Rogue Trooper

Post by Rogue Trooper »

8-) 8-)
1970 Charger 500
1934 Coupe
1954 F100
1972 Norton Commando Fastback

Your Mum Says Hi.

Mopar a God amongst insects.

Rule in Hell or be a Slave in Heaven.
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

:thumbright: :thumbright:
AllKiller

Post by AllKiller »

:D :D
ALL KILLER NO FILLER
Nostalgia, its not what it used to be.

Carbon footprint of a Saturn V
Pete

Post by Pete »

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Pete

Post by Pete »

No OEM cigarette lighter, Sir??

You have failed Tech............ :roll:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mills67

Post by Mills67 »

wicked picture!
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Nice UK pic....More or less full circle going back to what Street Class was back in the 80's with the 340, cept now we got caltracs instead of slapper bars that some used and a lot more fancy parts and engine sizes.

I am leaning towards this type of racing though if I ever were to Race again, a stock car with a few chassis mods, a hot engine (as the rules allow) and off you go......had enough of it?....put your slapper stock motor back in and you still got a car worth ££££'s....makes sense these days....Tig Napier is a good but extreme example of this with his Chally....3850lbs, 580ci, 10.5 slicks, mono's/tracs, 900hp on motor, stock body = 9.60's....only downside there is the cost of the motor/trans etc. to go that quick with such a heavy car if your on a budget.

Les
Pete

Post by Pete »

The issue is, Leas; at present there are NO rules as there is no class....I am sure Mr Walton is on a mission to get this established...
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Yes Pete, I know, I agree, but I didn't want to open that discussion again, been there and done that....hopefully something sensible will get sorted?...it could be 1 of the best classes out there if done proper!

Could bring a lot of new blood into the sport as its only some good chassis mods, some engine upgrades, and off you go, hopefully it will be your times relevant to your SS class that will shine, not how much ££'s you got to run in the 8 or 7's....its about time we had a proper class apart from Pro-Mod that people could build a car TO rather than build a car and then find a class to run in it.

Les
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Pete wrote:The issue is, Leas; at present there are NO rules as there is no class....I am sure Mr Walton is on a mission to get this established...

Pete i am on that mission ,,,but its like the bloke that steps foward and all the rest are standing back sniggering...Pete you have the knowledge ,skill and money to nail one of these cars together ,,,and as Les rightly says ,as long as you do not stray to far from the path you should get a sizeable chunk of your investment back...I have learnt a MASSIVE amount about how to waste money on race cars....as soon as it is stripped out and there is no visable sign of getting an MOT on it again your shirt is lost in the wash ...I think the class will grow given time ,,, They have a great class at York there is no reason it will not work else where...The problem i have is getting more dates ,,,and that is too complicated to go into that here ...I made a mistake thinking it could run heads up ,which set me back a bit,,, If i can get at least twenty cars to race ,then you should be able to average ten cars at an event...I know some people sit back and think i am a Tosser ,i am not stupid but i will carry on trying to get this class going until we have A round at Shakey , Pod and York ..Why do i bother ???because i love these cars,its as simple as that ...I am not a real racer just a massive lover of SS cars ....Rules will come in time but you need some cars to start...So in stead of standing back and ripping the Bananarama! ....get to Dragstalgia and support it ,,,you never no you just might enjoy yourself
Pete

Post by Pete »

I think it is a GREAT idea.

I am NOT knocking it.

I don't think you are stupid (Well, I do; but not for this reason :) )

I am unlikely to compete in it as I am going "Wild Bunch", but I can still appreciate it.

I would happliy watch it (whilst reading a book or updating my Facebook status....)

I am also sure it is a thankless task trying to organise it, and it could consume every waking hour you have.

In essence, I think it could be fun, but will not take off until is is a recognised National class with clear rules and criteria.

Why would you invest in building a car that could then be ineligable for other forms or racing?

I think you are right about the V5 though.....not sure my "T" Buket will ever get one....

More power to you Pete :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

pete walton

Post by pete walton »

I understand what your saying about the rules Pete ,,,and i have gone over that one a few times in my head myself ,, Full NHRA rules you can forget ,that will not happen in England because to enforce them would be almost impossible...So as long as it has stock suspension ,with bolt on upgrades thats fine....There are two ladder bar cars running but they have a very basic old school set up so thats fine ,,,Trying to discourage the dumped on the floor hover craft looking Bananarama! that seems to be in season at the moment....It will be a class that suits our cars ...Jim Chandlers Coronet is spot on ,,,,Caltracs monster moter ,,,shame about the seats but 10s . Rob Tyrells another spot on....But its a bracket class now so do you need all that power ????The NHRA rules are factory options ,weight ,and power ,,and from the calculation they give you your classs...so if you run a 10s car in a 11 sec class they will tear you down to find out were your cheating,,,Who is going to tear down there moter over here ???yea that will work... They move the weight about to help,,,if the car left the factory weighing 3500Lbs ,they strip a bit here and put it there ,,if it weighs 3500 on race day,, happy days...Its complicated stufff ,so we decided to keep it simple for now and just enforce the suspension rule and no power adders ,,,,, But there will be £100 voucher from one of our sponsors for fastest et on the day...So that will keep the big dogs happy
Pete

Post by Pete »

So...from your response it would seem that:

Any size of engine is allowed.
Alloy non-stock heads are allowed.
After-market Ignitions allowed.
Transbrakes are allowed.
Headers are allowed.
Non-Stock induction is allowed.
(Some) Ladder Bars are allowed - even though they are non-stock.
Cages are allowed.
Subframe connectors are allowed.
A Reilly Motorsports Alterkation is allowed.
Fibre Glass panels are allowed.

Not very SS then.....

Blue and I spent a fair bit of time setting the criteria for the "Paul Worrow Memorial Class" at the Nats.

It would seem that this is nearer to your expectaitons than "real Superstocks" racing....and nothing necessarily wrong with that.....worth a review I would suggest..... :read2:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

I WOULD enjoy this class but would ban wheeli bars straight away looks a joke on 9 sec and slower cars,
get it going pete the pinto at least can run in it without a doubt cars that look like cars racing does do it for me
good luck
get on it les, bloody bad back i Bananarama! mine again the other night dead lifting i could barely walk the pain was ace, 2 days later back at it... and weight lifting ;)
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL