Dan's '78 Fury (Dukes) Hazzard County Sheriff patrol car...

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

danny_duke01

Dan's '78 Fury (Dukes) Hazzard County Sheriff patrol car...

Post by danny_duke01 »

After many months of searching for the right car,i have finally bought a 1978 Plymouth Fury,4-door sedan B-body to build into a Dukes of Hazzard Sheriff patrol car replica.I was not too fussed whether i bought a '77/78 Dodge Monaco or a Plymouth Fury,not much difference between them and they were both screen used on the Dukes for many seasons.
This car runs and drives and has numbers matching and has the 400 cu in (6.6L) Big-Block 4 barrel V8 'High Performance' engine with Police special handling package...sway bars,upgraded suspension etc etc.
The car has only covered a genuine 46k miles from new.
The car has had 3 previous owners from new and the person i have bought it from bought it from his Father who was friends with the original owner.
The original owner was a dealer for Chrysler in Elko,Nevada,US and so when he ordered his own personal Plymouth Fury,he ordered it with the Police special handling package fitted as an option. The car was first registered in Elko,Nevada,US and it stayed there till 2012 before then coming to New Mexico. It now has to be shipped from New Mexico,US to the UK.

The car is rock solid and is a great blank canvas to start with.

The car has been left sitting for good few months now due to the seller having a newer daily driver,but the car does start and run.
Me and the seller came to a deal and i paid $1800 for the car and it will now be shipped very soon from New Mexico,US to the UK. It is awaiting to have a new front windscreen fitted and it will then be shipped. The screen was cracked and i thought it would be easier and cheaper to replace it in the US than it would be here in the UK.

Here is the car when the son first bought it from his Father...(2012)

Here is the car in it's current condition today...
Last edited by danny_duke01 on Thu May 14, 15 10:13 pm, edited 16 times in total.
1978 Plymouth Fury,4-door sedan B-body,400 cu in (6.6L) Big-Block 4 barrel V8 'High Performance'
(numbers matching with Police special handling package)

MMA / 911
danny_duke01

Post by danny_duke01 »

Some more pic's of the car in it's current condition...
1978 Plymouth Fury,4-door sedan B-body,400 cu in (6.6L) Big-Block 4 barrel V8 'High Performance'

MMA / 911
danny_duke01

Post by danny_duke01 »

Few more pic's of the car in it's current condition today...

MMA / 911
Carl

Post by Carl »

Well done Danny. So the project begins. Looks a good car for the money, hope there isnt too many nasty surprises when it gets here. Look forward to seeing the progress.
Petty Roadrunner 416 Stroker 4 Speed
*MMA-609*
"Built to be driven!"

Why me??? :banghead:
Steve

Post by Steve »

Fantastic Danny...well done mate! What a great blank canvas and looks rock solid!! Much better than the one you got a bit hooked up on in my opinion.

Great idea getting the screen done over the pond as well. Sure youve got a nice big list of Police related stuff to search out but what a great challenge. She will look awesome parked up next to the Generals at the Nats!

Keep the updates coming please and enjoy the wait!

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Carl

Post by Carl »

I think Danny has his own GL Steve. Next Daisy Dukes Jeep or 73 RR and Hoggs Caddy maybe, eh Danny?
Petty Roadrunner 416 Stroker 4 Speed
*MMA-609*
"Built to be driven!"

Why me??? :banghead:
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

Nice one :thumbright: you are going to have alot of fun with that car
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Looking forward to this one Danny.
Got to have a ride with lights and sirens one day. ;)
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
steveo

Post by steveo »

:thumbright: 8-)
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Look forward to seeing how this progresses :thumbright:

I must say, it looks like it's lived a pretty hard life in those 46k miles .... maybe it's the hot climate :?

Can you get dash pads for 78 Fury's?
danny_duke01

Post by danny_duke01 »

Carl wrote:Well done Danny. So the project begins. Looks a good car for the money, hope there isnt too many nasty surprises when it gets here. Look forward to seeing the progress.
Cheers Carl,thanks for the kind words!! :thumbright:

MMA / 911
danny_duke01

Post by danny_duke01 »

Steve wrote:Fantastic Danny...well done mate! What a great blank canvas and looks rock solid!! Much better than the one you got a bit hooked up on in my opinion.

Great idea getting the screen done over the pond as well. Sure youve got a nice big list of Police related stuff to search out but what a great challenge. She will look awesome parked up next to the Generals at the Nats!

Keep the updates coming please and enjoy the wait!

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Cheers Steve!! :thumbright:

Yep,great blank canvas this one and is very solid apart from one small patch on the lower front fender and that's it!!

Yeah the screen has cost $320 and i have paid $100 towards it and the seller is paying the rest so got a good deal there.

Oh yes...got a very long list of Police parts to source but luckily i know many people in the States,both Mopar & Dukes fans who will be happy to help me search for the right parts!! ;)

MMA / 911
danny_duke01

Post by danny_duke01 »

drewcrane wrote:Nice one :thumbright: you are going to have alot of fun with that car
Cheers,i certainly plan too!! :thumbright: ;)

MMA / 911
danny_duke01

Post by danny_duke01 »

Mossy68 wrote:Looking forward to this one Danny.
Got to have a ride with lights and sirens one day. ;)
Cheers Gary,me too!! :thumbright:
And...OH YES you are definitely more than welcome to that ride when it's all finished!! ;) :D

MMA / 911
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

Do you have access to lights,radios,all the cop stuff?