Thank Bananarama! we dont have a high %% of modern mopars on here

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Cannonball

Thank Bananarama! we dont have a high %% of modern mopars on here

Post by Cannonball »

Blinkin eck i also visit the mustang owners club GB forum its painfull i would say its mostly made up of late mustang owners and maybe 90,s mustangs if not that bunch are certainly more vocal than the guys with the true classic mustangs 64-74,now we on this board do comment occ on modern cars plenty not even mopar and not very often but christ i thought a classic was at least pre 1980 or so, not on that mustang board its awash with late model owners i think it would be better served to have a club cut off yr :roll: :roll: :roll: ;) :lol:
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Bananarama! we don't get many posts now, let alone having a cut off year :D

But I know what you mean
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

It must due to to so many new Mustangs out on the road.

The old one only get out a few days, show condition only.
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

mopar_mark wrote:Bananarama! we don't get many posts now, let alone having a cut off year :D

But I know what you mean
ha i meant the mustang boys not our club the few posts we get are interesting, all that modern mustang stuff does my head in when its about the old cars i go looking for,
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
mustangbooks

Post by mustangbooks »

A lot of classic Mustang owners feel the same as you! They set up their own forum, just for classic Mustangs, but that's pretty dead to be honest. It sounds like Ford will be selling the Mustang officially in Europe soon, so classic ownership in the club will get even more diluted :(
Blue

Post by Blue »

I think you are all being very harsh, where else are these people supposed to go to discuss the best place to go for a service and which polish works the best :lol:
mustangbooks

Post by mustangbooks »

The late model owners have their own forum too (s197.co.uk) but they just use that to trash talk the MOCGB, and use the MOCGB forum to talk about polishing and floor mats etc.! :roll:
MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

Coming back from a lcoal sprint/drag last week two lads in a recent Mustang GT500 seemed to be very impressed that they could beat my bone stock 40 year old Roadrunner :roll:
They are good cars, but to me it is 'buying' into the American scene with none of the maintenance, parts chasing or frankly the 'cool' factor that many of us enjoy/endure.
And before one of our guys writes in saying'I've got a modern Mustang but also 3 classic muscle car..', I know , I know it's not a personal critique of anyone.
But give me £25,000 to buy an America car and i'd buy a Super Bee or 454 Chevelle, not anything recent.
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

The "Classic" Corvette club caters to all generations of that car. But BY FAR the membership consists of C5 (1997-2004) owners. Like me. :D

So is it that the cars are getting younger, or is it WE are getting older? :?
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

When I first wanted a 1970 Challenger they were only 2 or 3 years old....
Don
Location: DONNY SCOTT IN LANCING, ON THE SUNNY WEST SUSSEX COAST

Post by Don »

I think Dave has got a point Dunc, we're all getting older and the younger generation relate to younger cars, kind of makes sense to me
......9 SECOND SUPERBIRD .......
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

PETTYBIRD wrote:I think Dave has got a point Dunc, we're all getting older and the younger generation relate to younger cars, kind of makes sense to me
Its not a relate thing Don, its more a case of what you know.

Spend £20k on a recent mustang that will return high 20's MPG and run on the turn of the key. Gives out 300+ HP, drives nicely plus when it goes wrong you plug it in and it tells you why it hates you!

Or

Spend £20k on a car that does 10 to the gallon, starts when it feels like it, has only 140 horses after loosing 20 per decade, handles like a fat bird on a water bed and has pretty much no way of telling you how much it despises you. Throw money at it to solve!

Born in 81 and I haven't got a clue in reality on how to setup, tune or strip down a carb, to get the best from it. I suppose I am part of the plug and play generation too.

I 'obviously' prefer older stuff and want to learn. The majority do not!

Pays money takes choice.

A lot of people love the look, but do not want 50 year old technology, brakes and handling at that price!
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Don

Post by Don »

I'm just talking in general Dave, obviously many factors influence what your choice of car is and of course 'what you know' does come into it
V8 Sam

Post by V8 Sam »

Give me 'fat bird handling' and 'Dodgey' (pardon the pun) Brakes anyday

When they look/sound as good as they do, who Cares?

Not me that's for Sure..

But I can see where Don is coming from.

30 years from now someone will be saying 'I can't believe they are talking about 2035 mustangs! With the new self flying device! The 2005 ones are no longer to be seen and this is A classic club, I remember when cars used to be driven on the road!'

All part of the world going on an new generations coming through.
Don

Post by Don »

V8 Sam wrote:Give me 'fat bird handling' and 'Dodgey' (pardon the pun) Brakes anyday

When they look/sound as good as they do, who Cares?

Not me that's for Sure..

But I can see where Don is coming from.

30 years from now someone will be saying 'I can't believe they are talking about 2035 mustangs! With the new self flying device! The 2005 ones are no longer to be seen and this is A classic club, I remember when cars used to be driven on the road!

All part of the world going on an new generations coming through.

How would you know what a 'fat bird' handles like Sam? Last time I saw ya you had a 'slim' one! :P :P :P
Last edited by Don on Wed Oct 16, 13 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.