Australian Valiants in the UK - The Big List

For Australian cars, Mopar or other.

Moderator: Moderators

CLPete

Post by CLPete »

bratfink wrote:Ok, just one more.

That Centura can be found in the Coventry Transport Museum. It's a 245cu in Hemi 2bbl.

Brought to the UK by Chrysler to test the waters to see if they could sell them. It was loaned to the museum then Chrysler was bought out by Peugeot and no-one knew what it was or where it came from.

I spent some time at the Museum when I lived there giving them info on the what it was, but I couldn't help them with the why. It used to be parked up in a back room not on display. I found out it existed through a contact in Aus who knew it was there and followed it up.

Is it now on display?
I think it is now - it was when I first went there 10 years ago, and again a few years back.
1968 VE Valiant VIP (on road)
1972 CH Chrysler by Chrysler ("project")
1969 VF Valiant VIP (best called "spares")
CLPete

Post by CLPete »

Dave999 wrote:VH 770 chargers and possibly some VJ had the alloy gills bolted on

then covered with filler

then vinyl roof and side strips applied

anyone who took off the vinyl who knew nothing about the cars would probably not know that the alloy gills were there

on later cars the hole for the alloy gills was just filled with filler.

how does he expect to sell it with just the registration in the description

if you search for charger or valiant or chrylser charger you don't find it ..... odd

dave
Never knew that - I guess I just assumed there was a special part for the 770 ones.

Looks like it will go for a reasonable price despite the ad not being the most detailed.
1968 VE Valiant VIP (on road)
1972 CH Chrysler by Chrysler ("project")
1969 VF Valiant VIP (best called "spares")
bratfink

Post by bratfink »

CLPete wrote:

JHV 29K

1971 VH Charger

Date of Liability 01 09 1990
Date of First Registration 13 10 1971
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 5400cc

DEAD

Reference:

From a magazine cover – road test in the 70’s

Can someone confirm from the old Charger club that this car is the Mythical E55?

Look at the Reg'd cc's!

If so this is #1267, colour matches too!
MattH

Post by MattH »

bratfink wrote:
CLPete wrote:

JHV 29K

1971 VH Charger

Date of Liability 01 09 1990
Date of First Registration 13 10 1971
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 5400cc

DEAD

Reference:

From a magazine cover – road test in the 70’s

Can someone confirm from the old Charger club that this car is the Mythical E55?

Look at the Reg'd cc's!

If so this is #1267, colour matches too!
Lets see the picture then?
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
bratfink

Post by bratfink »

Go to Page 1 ;)
VGVIP

Post by VGVIP »

Wonder where the engine went.
Would be easy to discriminate between the Aussie fitted 340 and a yank one even though they were imported engines from the us to oz.
The Aussie engine numbers were stamped on the horizontal surface at the back of the block above the starter on all V8 engines as far as I know. This holds true for the E55 Aussie chargers to my knowledge.
VGVIP

Post by VGVIP »

Just found this on the engine number bizo. And other e55 info too.

http://www.e55chargers.com/ide55charger.html
daward

Post by daward »

Hi Pete

Good work!
Been out of forum circulation for a while... My VH Charger JPM 3L is still undergoing restoration but we are getting there. Now has a newly fettled 360 motor and hopefully a 518 box soon, sourced from Duncan but still with a bit of work to do... There were some pics on my intro thread and I also started a workshop thread which I need to update.

Cheers
David
Attachments
IMG_1711 1.jpg
IMG_1711 1.jpg (110.24 KiB) Viewed 3376 times
David Ward

'72 Valiant Charger in restoration
daward

Post by daward »

David Ward

'72 Valiant Charger in restoration
XenonJohn

Post by XenonJohn »

Hi Pete

I have just joined MoparUK and I am the owner of the barn find Ve Valiant VIP you have in your listing. Not quite a barn find, more a sitting outside in the rain for a few years - find.

The reg no is YTX 407H and I live in Swansea.

It is finally running reliably now. Bodywork still a bit scabby in places but all solid.

Best wishes

John
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

nice one sir

welcome

dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

Attachments
S series  (Mobile).jpg
S series (Mobile).jpg (37.49 KiB) Viewed 3263 times
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
bratfink

Post by bratfink »

These are hard to trace between Aus and Canada. There were some V200 Sedans made in RHD in Canada and some Aussie S series imported. I can't tell the difference between them!
bratfink

Post by bratfink »

XenonJohn wrote:Hi Pete

I have just joined MoparUK and I am the owner of the barn find Ve Valiant VIP you have in your listing. Not quite a barn find, more a sitting outside in the rain for a few years - find.

It is finally running reliably now. Bodywork still a bit scabby in places but all solid.

Best wishes

John
Hi John,

I have your car down as a VE Sedan, VIN 241000299. Is that correct? Our last contact with this car was in Cardiff in 1988. If you could furnish me with a complete read out of the VIN (you don't have to), I'll add it to the list of known living cars.

I have it down as a 1970, this of course means it was registered in 1970, it would have been built probably in 69.
bratfink

Post by bratfink »

XenonJohn wrote:Hi Pete

Best wishes

John
Hi John,

I have your car down as a VE Sedan, VIN 241000299. Is that correct? Our last contact with this car was in Cardiff in 1988. If you could furnish me with a complete read out of the VIN (you don't have to), I'll add it to the list of known living cars.

I have it down as a 1970, this of course means it was registered in 1970, it would have been built probably in 69.