Nice one Les :thumbright:
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Enjoyed that.
Clicked on link. Couldn't hear the commentator so cranked up the volume.
Flopper burnout blew my bananarama ears out !!!!!
Great stuff. And more tomorrow 10.30.am ( if you live in Palm Springs !)
:thumbright:
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Yeah awesome stuff, 3.72 at 324mph, only 2/100ths slower than the fastest ever TFD run, and its only testing and in a bit of a naff lane as well....reckon we'll see a 3.6 :thumbright:

repeat of some of yesterdays stuff now

Les
Graham Martin

Post by Graham Martin »

Showing my age but I remember how great it was when Dennis priddle (Mr six) ran 6.04 they have come a long way in quite a short time Sammy miller needed a jet to do those times
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Watched again today.
No 3.6 run but great viewing.
The finale was John Force against daughter Brittney in her fueller for the first time. John made a full pass but Brittney backed off early.
Disappointing but probably under team orders !!!
Thanks for heads up Les :thumbright:
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Make the most of it gentlemen ,your watching the beginning of the end ...Or so the experts say ,,,,less than a half a million people now watch it on American tv ,,,crowds at the events halfed in three years ,sponsership money being pulled by the Millions.......But Nostalgia drag racing stateside is BOOMING......makes you wonder were the sport is going. ..I must confess i find these TF cars and Funny cars a bit souless these days ....i have loved this sport since i was 14 ,but these days i find it difficult to watch for more than a couple of minutes.....
Jesus saves but satan does that thing with his tongue you like
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Pete. I totally agree with your comment.
I havnt been to a big meeting for years as I find new stuff a bit soulless.
And think nostalgia is definitely on the up. I much prefer the oldies.
Having said that watching this over the past couple of days was a nice change to what I'd normally watch and was enjoyable. :thumbright:
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Talking about watching it Live, I saw about an 1hrs worth yesterday, and then Chad decided to reboot the system, that was it for me and a lot of people around the world. Apparently Ustream put the feed back out in CSS mode not RSS mode, great for those on Tablets/mobiles but I lost the live connection on PC and didn't get it back.....not end of the world as once you've seen them go down the track on screen a few times, its all much the same......TF is something you gotta experience at the track.

I do wonder myself how much longer current TF can carry on with the huge cost of it all, as the whole country is set to explode soon anyway.

Les