About Time..........

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave81

About Time..........

Post by Dave81 »

Well it seems that the time is now upon me to get things started........ :woohoo:

(For those I haven't bored to death with the story already)

I bought the Dart nearly three years ago in August 2011. My wife was the 8 months pregnant and I new if I didn't jump into Mopar ownership then, I never would!

Less than a month later our daughter Megan arrived and well.....lets just say sleep deprivation, the requirement to work for a living and more importantly the fact I fell in love, left the Dart out in the cold!!

The majority of the next 18 months was spent being Daddy, Worker and director of transport for the household.

This brings me to mid year last year........I'm now at a point where I feel its appropriate and acceptable to spend some 'ME' time with the Dodge! :D

Within a week the wife drops the bombshell that she wants to move house (taking me with her)........ :help:
She's home sick, can't drive and wants to relocate back to our hometown (12 miles away) to be close to her Sister/Family and other friends)....:?

So the cash I'd put aside literally disappeared. As the car was in one piece it made no sense to start disassembly or tinkering......so yet again, no play for me!

After much stress and hassle we finally sold our house (8 months later).

I pointed out to the wife that I wanted a house with a big garage (double) or room to extend at some point! :D

Well earlier this month we completed on our purchase and I've managed to bag myself a bigger mancave with room to extend............ :woot:

It even has a house attached for the wife to sleep in!!

Used to have a standard single at the last place.
New one is 3.5m x 7m (11.5 x 23ft in old money). Has the bonus of another additional grass to the side with no neighbour.... so end goal is 7x7 with separate workshop at the back! 8-)

Good news is the wife is happy. My daughter is now 2.5 and the Dart is swallowed by the new cave, which allows me to work on three sides of the car with around 1-1.5m or room (no more wet work)!

So as per the title.......I can now start on the Dart! :wav:

My aim is to get it back on the road as is with fresh MOT (still got the outstanding work to do), refurbed wheels, and more than anything a bit of V8 heaven......All for the NATS this year.

Will be tight (family commitments are still there), but we've got the forever home, so no more moving!! :D

Just need broadband fixed at the new house then I'm away!!!

Anyway...........Cue stupid questions as inevitably mess/break or miss something. Not sure why I feel the need to post it.....but hopefully you should see some progress and informative posts from me.......not just random Bananarama!!
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Don
Location: DONNY SCOTT IN LANCING, ON THE SUNNY WEST SUSSEX COAST

Post by Don »

Glad things have all worked out for you Dave. That's a great looking garage you have there mate, well done, and handy having a house attached too, win win all round :thumbright: any chance of having the car ready for Brooky in May?
......9 SECOND SUPERBIRD .......
sinny

Post by sinny »

Top stuff Dave!! That's a good size garage & having the prospect of making it bigger is a massive bonus.

Glad you're now all sorted & don't worry, there aren't any stupid questions that haven't already been asked by me!!:D

If you need any help, just give us a shout. :thumbright:
Shaun 'Moparless' Senior
MMA Club Chairman
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

yay Image

weigh in those dumbells and you'll be sorted

dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Great news Dave, now that's a proper sized garage...perfect to ensure that's up and running for when the sun make an appearance!
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Great news mate.
I know how much you been itching to get at the Dart !
And what a great man cave.
Well done.
:thumbright:
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
John

Post by John »

Looks like its B body time :lol:
Lifes Too Fast But The Car`s Not, It even managed to miss the boat twice.
Now passed customs.
Now on route.
Now in posession.
Now costing me sh*t loads.
db

Post by db »

Good things come to he who waits... :thumbright:
No-one will believe you...
Blue

Post by Blue »

Well done fella, got there in the end! We need to talk about the bench seat, I could do with getting it out of the way soonish.
charger01

Post by charger01 »

Result there Dave. A happy Mrs is the main thing. I've often looked through my kitchen window at my Mrs when its been freezing & raining thinking I'd better let her come back inside soon. :lol:
death vali

Post by death vali »

great man cave there dave :thumbright:

its always nice to work in the dry.

not sure about the gnomes! ;)
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

Good news is the wife is happy...................happy life

Good on ya, ya cant have a big enough garage , you will get alot of work done :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

Good looking cave Dave, and the Dart does look at home there.

Notice it is Worcestershire as your location now, are you closer to Worcester now.

We could be neighbours, lets meet up and start a Mopar Worcester meet.
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

cadboy wrote:Good looking cave Dave, and the Dart does look at home there.

Notice it is Worcestershire as your location now, are you closer to Worcester now.

We could be neighbours, lets meet up and start a Mopar Worcester meet.
I'm only 20 mins down the road at Tewkesbury, although, satty a further 28 mile away and minus engine/box at present.
Dave, see you at your place soon as.
Chris
guy whitwam

Post by guy whitwam »

Well done mate ,you've got a good place ,wife is happy ,Megan good and healthy and a great car and now a big garage with potential ...............get the feeling you have arrived?
Now to get sorted for the Nats
Yours
GUY