who are ya???

Moderator: Moderators

shovelheadrob

Post by shovelheadrob »

pete walton wrote:
shovelheadrob wrote:I did most rounds of the challenge, ran a best of 11.85 on street tyres 125 shot of NOS with only 9.0/1 compression & a .484 csm. Drove to the track dropped the mufflers, raced & drove home. Once on open headers after it passed with rain & I didn't want to get soaked putting the exhaust back on!

What car Rob???was it full weight or gutted
'72 Demon, full interior, steel wheels, banded on the rear with Mickey Thompson M50/14 sticky tyres.
You can't have too much power, only a lack of traction!
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

well I guess you all know this, but for Pete.....

In 1991, approx 3000lbs with me, Stock 6-pack bottom end, Hauser 906 heads, 10.1CR, 4.88 gears, 14x32's,=
10.71 on motor,
9.96 at 133.90mph with 175 shot of N20...
only ran it once on motor, and once with N20 with this spec and chassis settings and packed it all in.

watch from 1.13 > 1.32

Les
68northantsdart

Post by 68northantsdart »

I crewed for Gordon and the shockwave team for nearly 10 years, the mans got no fears and is one hell of a driver!!!
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Mick is the quickest non Stroked BB as far as I know?, and on motor only....credit to him...Ally Heads though,....Pete

I beleive Hauser was possibly the quickest Iron Headed motor ever with the Rossi Car, I heard they got it down to 9.7 in the end?...I only ever saw them run 10.0's, never saw them hit a 9 with it so not sure if its true?

Les
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Les Szabo wrote:Mick is the quickest non Stroked BB as far as I know?, and on motor only....credit to him...Ally Heads though,....Pete

I beleive Hauser was possibly the quickest Iron Headed motor ever with the Rossi Car, I heard they got it down to 9.7 in the end?...I only ever saw them run 10.0's, never saw them hit a 9 with it so not sure if its true?

Les
there was a yellow later dart that ran better than a 9.90 with a iron headed 440 think the heads were by ice,?????
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

At the end of the day, if you got a reasonable weight car with a sorted chassis that will hook well and a decent pair of heads, its relatively easy to run a 9 with iron heads and 440 cubes, on a mild motor with gas, its all in the chassis and your bottom end, your just gonna have to rev it.....to do it on motor is another thing!, generally, fully ported iron heads (906/452) will struggle to flow enough cfm to make the hp needed unless your light....under 3000lbs all in, and/or you have big CR and 1000cfm+ of air flowing down it.....the Rossi car was all acid dipped and had all of that.

Les
Last edited by Les Szabo on Sun Feb 23, 14 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Les Szabo wrote:I beleive Hauser was possibly the quickest Iron Headed motor ever with the Rossi Car, I heard they got it down to 9.7 in the end?
Les
Les quickest RB or B or both ?

I thought Bill Slipstream ran quicker than 9.7 with his iron Koffel headed mopar, One of the group of 4 imported Koffel motors ?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

You could be right there Mark....never really saw those Koffel motored cars run a lot, best I saw was low 10's, and decided for the expense it wasn't for me at the time, they were a NO Nitrous motor, super light pistons, mega thin rings, 750 roller cam etc., and rev to the moon, although I beleive some tried gas, and most, if not all went to the Koffel grave yard of bits!!

Les
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Cannonball wrote:
Les Szabo wrote:Mick is the quickest non Stroked BB as far as I know?, and on motor only....credit to him...Ally Heads though,....Pete

Les
there was a yellow later dart that ran better than a 9.90 with a iron headed 440 think the heads were by ice,?????
Wouldn't suprise me Dunc, Rob is as good, if not better than Geoff on heads......

Les
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Les Szabo wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

Les
Wouldn't suprise me Dunc, Rob is as good, if not better than Geoff on heads......

Les
your right les the koffel mtr in bills cuda / slipstream ran at best a 10.1 mostly 10,2s the car changed hands had blinkin Bananarama! thrown at it ultimately ran about a 8,6 with lots of gas 500 cubes ally heads the koffel iron head may just have dibbed a 9 prior but yes it was revved to Bananarama!, i nearly bought that slip stream car knew bill through the jensen connection,

yes the yellow dart really was about as lihgt as you could get it i forget the blinkin name on the sides now, mopar mark will know ,

your 10.7 no gas seems more credibal than your actual nitrous pass that would be pretty impressive even now from a straight up 440........
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

I HAVE A NVQW

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Have any of these iron Koffel heads survived?????
Jesus saves but satan does that thing with his tongue you like
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

pete walton wrote:Have any of these iron Koffel heads survived?????
Seems such a long time ago now, I can't remember who I sold mine too ?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

pete walton wrote:Have any of these iron Koffel heads survived?????
yes you see them for sale occasionaly , but you would need someone good at his job to check them out for you, but they are good stuff specially for your aim,s
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

I HAVE A NVQW

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

I doubt it, but you don't need iron heads for Stock class, Eddy do NHRA cert Ally heads, I think I gave you the link in an earlier post, this is of course if its for your own car?...

Les
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Do you know what casting they was??? ,,,906 etc
Jesus saves but satan does that thing with his tongue you like