Dragstalgia

Moderator: Moderators

Pete

Post by Pete »

Well Pete I guess that last post was made after a glass of wine or two because you are talking absolute Tosh.

The '67 Dart came third in the Power tour after attending only 3 of the events due to other commitments.

I have driven the '69 Dart THREE Times. From the Docks and to the NEC and Back for the MMA stand last November.

I have no experience of it on the road or the track - It is not consistent, I have not a clue what it runs and how regularly it will run it. I could not even guess accurately what dial in to quote.

It has No cage or rollover hoop. Bugger me - it does not even have any wheels on it at the moment.

So, forgive me if I don't spend money I don't have to play in your special game.

However, I WILL attend and support the event; and if you stop moaning I will even buy you a pint.......
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Pete i was not aware i asked you to build a car ,,i said you could if you had the desire......Third in the power tour????thats a bit like my second place in the Best Kept Pet contest when i was a kid ....Sadly Dick the Terrapin met an untimely end in a horrific hoovering accident ,,, Valium and Hoovers ,, my mother was a victim too....The winner was a boy with a goldfish ...i mean come on a Bananarama! goldfish ,,,The whole thing was rigged ...One boy had a rat ..he painted it to look like a Jack Russell,,,,,we could not afford dogs were i lived...
Jesus saves but satan does that thing with his tongue you like
Pete

Post by Pete »

Now I understand how you spent so much money over such a long time and achieved so little on the Jim Smith project............. :roll:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Blue

Post by Blue »

Why don't you two just get a ruler out and be done with it...
Pete

Post by Pete »

Blue wrote:Why don't you two just get a ruler out and be done with it...
I would, but Mr Walton would not be able to agree on the type of ruler to use - it would have to have Brass ends and none of that fancy metric stuff on it.....

I'm Done, anyway Pete says he is not a member anymore...........
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Blue wrote:Why don't you two just get a ruler out and be done with it...

Blue it wasn,t easy being the only kid who,s pet was held together with gaffer tape...and for the record i have a very small one,,, but it smells like a big one
Jesus saves but satan does that thing with his tongue you like
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Just to let people know if you didn't, that the 2 USA Fuel Altereds, "Rat Trap" and "Pure Hell" will be at this meeting match racing, a big bonus....

Les
Mick

Post by Mick »

Is there a limit on cars for a particular class ?
68northantsdart

Post by 68northantsdart »

Soooo any tips on a newbie team to this class Peter?
Pete

Post by Pete »

68northantsdart wrote:Soooo any tips on a newbie team to this class Peter?
Me or Pete Walton?

I am more than happy to chat through stuff but I am not an expert, as my fellow club members will point out all too quickly...We will be there Thursday afternoon if you want to talk booolocks...
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

I'm sure the Lads will fill you in.....but to put it in very simple terms.....on Sunday in eliminations......dial 12.55 on the back screen or whatever the car runs consistently run 12.56 and you should be a winner :D . . as long as you don't red light of course, or have a reaction time of 2 days :lol:

If you run 12.54, your out unless your opponent breaks out by more than you did.

Its not necessarily the first to cut the finish beam that will win, its not heads up racing.

Les
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I could turn up in the Vette and ruin everyones day because it is EXTREAMLY consistent and reliable if I leave it in "Drive". It would be like shooting rabbits in a cardboard box with a shotgun. :lol:

Joking aside, I know it is not as simple as that. Even with a consistent car you have to cut a very good light EVERY time and take into consideration changing track conditions.

But a very consistent car that changes gear itself at exactly the same rpm every shift is a BIG help.
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

These two might be there. ;)
Attachments
10392411_499027710228776_3024657078718452183_n.jpg
10392411_499027710228776_3024657078718452183_n.jpg (50.64 KiB) Viewed 1393 times
10464194_501274520003353_5910936286424295862_n.jpg
10464194_501274520003353_5910936286424295862_n.jpg (93.33 KiB) Viewed 1393 times
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Dave wrote:I could turn up in the Vette and ruin everyones day because it is EXTREAMLY consistent and reliable if I leave it in "Drive". It would be like shooting rabbits in a cardboard box with a shotgun. :lol:

Joking aside, I know it is not as simple as that. Even with a consistent car you have to cut a very good light EVERY time and take into consideration changing track conditions.

But a very consistent car that changes gear itself at exactly the same rpm every shift is a BIG help.

No you could'nt its pre '74 cars only :P :lol:

Seriously, yes you could, on slicks or perhaps those cars can leave well on streets with TC on?.......remember an R32 at last yrs Nats or perhaps the yr before put down at least 6>7 runs mostly within a 1/10th!!!!!

Be nice to see the Roadrunner and a few more cars from my days there
:thumbright:

ps. do you leave on the 1st Yellow Dave :lol:

Les
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I start to react on the first yellow....

...some time later I get going. :lol:

Actually I am just fitting a line lock on the Vette. Not just for the burnout to save the rear discs. I am going to try using it to hold the car in stage with a few rpm on the converter.

I recon I can get my finger off the line lock switch faster than my foot off the brake.