Bad Luck for Mopar Racers at Easter Meet

Moderator: Moderators

Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

The Easter meet used to be the first really big meet of the season with loads of European teams. But the weather is often not kind.

It SNOWED when I was there one year. :shock:
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Yeah, one year I sat their for 3 days watching the rain come down just to get the points :cry:, only rained for 1 day this weekend. So its a resounding no for the Easter meet for me again. They had 1 round of Eliminations for Pro-ET late Saturday, 3 races, enjoyed that, that was about it!

Les
GTXJim

Post by GTXJim »

A lot of the pro classes were Bananarama! off, running order was changing constantly, and Q4 on Saturday we were in the pairing lanes ready to go, so the moved us over to run 2 jet cars, Tommy had a 5.9 tune in his car, had to change that quickly, just so he could get down the track, Andy Robinson had got the suspension sorted, and we hoping for a 6.2, but Pro Mods don't like running on a diesel track, so no pro mods made a full pass, Andy had a 1.00 sec 60ft but then turned hard at 100ft and chutes came out, Sunday was No better we were called about an hour late sat in the pairing lanes until it started raining then took car back to the pits and waited and waited until it was called at around 4 o'clock.
Petrol is for washing parts, Alcohol is for drinking, Nitro is for racing!!!

Hell Yeah!! I'm a Redneck
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Yep, they certainly went OTT with them Jet cars, guess its more crowd pleasing again!......no wonder I didn't see much of PM. And yes, I hope Andy gets the rear sorted, thats an awful lot of power he has and I'm sure he will dip well in the 5's once all sorted, has run a 6.01 I believe, gotta have a track there, don't know why they don't run PM after TF and FC, surely there's 1 person who would realise thats whats needed for them to perform, not have them run after the oilers, sadly its still amateur hour from the POD......one noteable run from a PM was Friday from a foreign guy with a 6.06 skirting the wall in the Alamo lane!!

Les
Turnip

Re: Bad Luck for Mopar Racers at Easter Meet

Post by Turnip »

Les Szabo wrote:
Went over to see Turnip, and the Cuda was broken.....right hand head was off, no piston in one of the bores, but was told, not catastrophic, crank grind etc. and all would be put back together hopefully.

Les
Someone was being optimistic, crank, rods and pistons are all scrap :cry:

The C & S Dart is Chevy powered
Mossy68

Re: Bad Luck for Mopar Racers at Easter Meet

Post by Mossy68 »

Turnip wrote:
Les Szabo wrote:
Went over to see Turnip, and the Cuda was broken.....right hand head was off, no piston in one of the bores, but was told, not catastrophic, crank grind etc. and all would be put back together hopefully.

Les
Someone was being optimistic, crank, rods and pistons are all scrap :cry:

The C & S Dart is Chevy powered
That's crap news.
Any idea of cause ??
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Turnip

Post by Turnip »

Spun a bearing but we didn't catch it before it spread its self through the motor
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Turnip wrote:Spun a bearing but we didn't catch it before it spread its self through the motor
Ouch !!!!
Is that you out for the season then ?
Hope you can get it sorted. Would help if I could ! Unfortunately the only use I would be is tea boy !!!( I do make a good cuppa though !)

Hope you get back out soon
:thumbright:
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
Turnip

Post by Turnip »

We are hatching a plan. Will miss Shakey but if we can get a plan sorted will try and be back for the main event
Mick

Post by Mick »

Sorry to hear that, is the block usable ?
Steve

Post by Steve »

Fingers crossed for you Jon....noticed the Cuda parked up and looking a bit sad on Saturday....you looked busy so we didnt want to bother you

cheers Steve :thumbright:
Attachments
20140419_115329.jpg
20140419_115329.jpg (151.45 KiB) Viewed 768 times
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

I went to York raceway Saturday night,set off at 8pm,35 minutes later,sat on a roundabout with a broken U/J on the motorhome,with trailer & superbird.
Called my old fella,he came out,I pulled off propshaft,left the wife in motorhome whilst I returned home to try fix prop.
Didnt have a U/J,so called a mate,unbelievably,he had one.
Returned to motorhome,refit prop,on my way again,arrived at midnight :roll:

First run on Sunday,did burnout,got stopped for leaking oil,just a rocker cover gasket,so fixed it.
Second run,nice wheelie,no drama,9.49 into a head wind,called it a day.

First Qualifier on Monday,dialled 9.45,ran 9.49 still a head wind,jobs a good un.
Second Qualifier,running Good,100ft from traps,oil light comes on at 6500rpm,I kill engine straight away,roll off track :roll:

I pull dizzy out,oil pump drive as sheard off,game over,load up,get home.

Today,remove broken oil pump drive with magnet,put priming tool in pump,pump solid,remove pump and strip,find a piece of broken spira-lock in it :roll:,remove nose cone,pull out engine,remove sump,make a list of parts required,and ordered them :roll:

No one said"Racin is easy" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Really Sorry to hear that, Dave - is that Holly's inheritance up in smoke?

It's OK to shed a tear - I think that's you, me and Duncan that have lunched Hemis....and I think Mopar Mark has had a nibble as well.....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Jeez. Really was a bad day for mopes !!!
Sorry to hear of your bad luck Dave. Hope you get back up and running soon.
:thumbright:
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Should be up and running in 2 to 3 weeks :thumbright: