MMA at Duxford - 3rd May 2015: Who's attending?

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Pete

MMA at Duxford - 3rd May 2015: Who's attending?

Post by Pete »

Carrying on from the previous thread and made a stand alone for the MAY event only. I will start another for the AUGUST thread.

Reference: http://www.moparuk.com/forums/viewtopic ... highlight=

Summary:

Just got confirmation back from Duxford, we are in. I booked for 15 places so room for more yet.

Many thanks for your participation form for the Spring and Summer Car Shows at IWM Duxford, I can confirm we have reserved you a pitch.

I will be sending out information nearer the time and pitches will be allocated on the day

Please note if you are planning on bringing a gazebo and/or banner please make sure you send in a copy of your public liability insurance up to £5 million at least 2 weeks before the event

I look forward to seeing you there

Best wishes

Vickie (Duxford Events)

It is a turn up on the day and pay event. There will be plenty of space. I have booked us for 15 but they will be allowing people in on the day.

Gates will open at 9.30am, and will remain open for entry until 2pm.
To try and reduce queuing on the A505 and to hopefully get everyone in quicker we have introduced a new queuing system, so please be aware it will not be the same as in previous years.

Entry will be through the same Gate (Gate 1) which will be signposted from both directions. Please also note that due to the closure of the American Air Museum this year some pitches will not be in the same place as in previous years, as usual your members will be shown to their pitches on the day by our marshals

Entry costs will be £10.00 per adult and £5.00 per child (between the ages of 5- 15)

Please also note that Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVS)/ Drones will not be allowed on site and anyone using one will be asked to leave.

MMA members to meet at Tesco's near ROYSTON, SG8 5UA, and convoy to the event

Tesco's opens for business at 10:0 but amazingly, sad people are already queuing at the locked door long before then.....it will be busy at any time.

Getting there at 09:00 for an 09:30 convoy up the A505 to the M11 Roundabout and then back round into gate 1 as indicated in the post above.

That will give a few stragglers time to arrive and buy a Costa coffee if they are in dire need.

To get a view of potential attendees; please add you names and car details below so we will have some sort of idea when we have a full compliment:

Pete Wiseman - 1969 Super Bee
John Steed - 1967 Coronet R/ T
Richard Zealey - 72 Charger
Mossy - in a Mopar.

See you there!!!!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

Hope to be there but in the States until Saturday so hopefully home in time.

Mossy - in a Mopar.
Bilko - 1970 Cuda
Don
Location: DONNY SCOTT IN LANCING, ON THE SUNNY WEST SUSSEX COAST

Re: MMA at Duxford - 3rd May 2015: Who's attending?

Post by Don »

Pete wrote:Carrying on from the previous thread and made a stand alone for the MAY event only. I will start another for the AUGUST thread.

Reference: http://www.moparuk.com/forums/viewtopic ... highlight=

Summary:

Just got confirmation back from Duxford, we are in. I booked for 15 places so room for more yet.

Many thanks for your participation form for the Spring and Summer Car Shows at IWM Duxford, I can confirm we have reserved you a pitch.

I will be sending out information nearer the time and pitches will be allocated on the day

Please note if you are planning on bringing a gazebo and/or banner please make sure you send in a copy of your public liability insurance up to £5 million at least 2 weeks before the event

I look forward to seeing you there

Best wishes

Vickie (Duxford Events)

It is a turn up on the day and pay event. There will be plenty of space. I have booked us for 15 but they will be allowing people in on the day.

Gates will open at 9.30am, and will remain open for entry until 2pm.
To try and reduce queuing on the A505 and to hopefully get everyone in quicker we have introduced a new queuing system, so please be aware it will not be the same as in previous years.

Entry will be through the same Gate (Gate 1) which will be signposted from both directions. Please also note that due to the closure of the American Air Museum this year some pitches will not be in the same place as in previous years, as usual your members will be shown to their pitches on the day by our marshals

Entry costs will be £10.00 per adult and £5.00 per child (between the ages of 5- 15)

Please also note that Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVS)/ Drones will not be allowed on site and anyone using one will be asked to leave.

MMA members to meet at Tesco's near ROYSTON, SG8 5UA, and convoy to the event

Tesco's opens for business at 10:0 but amazingly, sad people are already queuing at the locked door long before then.....it will be busy at any time.

Getting there at 09:00 for an 09:30 convoy up the A505 to the M11 Roundabout and then back round into gate 1 as indicated in the post above.

That will give a few stragglers time to arrive and buy a Costa coffee if they are in dire need.

To get a view of potential attendees; please add you names and car details below so we will have some sort of idea when we have a full compliment:

Mossy - in a Mopar.
Donny Scott (hopefully) in a lorry, oh and a mopar! ps. bollax, just seen the date, soz, car wont be ready

See you there!!!!
......9 SECOND SUPERBIRD .......
Ammojerry

Post by Ammojerry »

As long as there are no objections to a newer Mopar, I'm in.

Mossy - in a Mopar.
Bilko - 1970 Cuda
Jerry - 2015 Challenger R/T
Mopar or no car!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Welcome aboard Jerry.
Don - just use the "E" Class ;)
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Don
Location: DONNY SCOTT IN LANCING, ON THE SUNNY WEST SUSSEX COAST

Post by Don »

Pete wrote:Welcome aboard Jerry.
Don - just use the "E" Class ;)
haha, convertible or wagon ???
......9 SECOND SUPERBIRD .......
Pete

Post by Pete »

That depends on the weather!!

Any more for any more???
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Pete

Post by Pete »

Quick update from Vicky at Duxford:

Hi Pete

Many thanks for keeping me updated, you are correct in thinking that you will have to go around the roundabout and double back. You should pass the car show entrance on your way past but it will be clearly signposted on the day.

Lets hope the weather forecast gets better during the week!!

Best wishes

Vickie
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Faux-7-0

Post by Faux-7-0 »

I'll be at Tesco for 9-ish (all things being equal).
Alan; whose 72 Challenger is inexorably taking over the house.
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

Mossy - in a Mopar.
Bilko - 1970 Cuda
Stewart/Captain Chaos 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury

I'm up for it if there is room for a C Body :D See you at Tescos
Pete

Post by Pete »

Captain Chaos wrote:.....I'm up for it if there is room for a C Body :D See you at Tescos
Should be.

They managed to get a B52 in at Duxford ;)

It will be good to see you there!! :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Pete

Post by Pete »

...And so it grows:

Mossy - in a Mopar.
Don Juan - "E" Class.
Bilko - 1970 Cuda
Alan - Olds 442
Stewart/Captain Chaos 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Blue

Post by Blue »

Won't be able to make this one, Valiant's still not ready and I'll probably be getting a few extra hours in on it.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Pete

Post by Pete »

Blue wrote:Won't be able to make this one, Valiant's still not ready and I'll probably be getting a few extra hours in on it.
If you want, come up in the Daily to Tescos and you can jump in the Bee :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Blue

Post by Blue »

Thanks for the offer Pete but I'll have to give it a swerve, I really need the time.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”