B body door window hardware, what's where?

Moderator: Moderators

XP29

B body door window hardware, what's where?

Post by XP29 »

With this kit to replace bits,

I know the black wheel is the roller that goes in the lifter bar (how do you fit the new one? I can't figure out how to get old one off!)

That the two white bits on the right are the rivets that hold the glass to the lifter bar

Where do the other two white bits on the left go?

Where does the metal part go?
steveo

Post by steveo »

A = the metal rivets that hold the , nylon roller on the window winder lift arm

as mentioned B = nylon rollers

as mentioned C = plastic rivets to attach , winder run channel to glass

D , side glass up stops , there is a hole in the bottom rear corner of the front side glass , this stop just simply pushes into the hole , then a phillips screw holds it in place . this is what I can't remember , the side glass up stops changed some time , some years don't have this hole , mine does & has this set up , so not sure if cars up till a SPD of late 68 had them , or cars from , or early build 69 cars with a SPD late 68 & later years did :? long story short , around the E series model year they changed the up stop set up . :read2: so you may or may not need D
the nylon roller wont stretch over the rivet A , so the A rivet on your window winder arm will need removing & new roller & rivet fitting together at same time
Attachments
9294e9bf52637b16b0ba46c6478a4yyyybba.jpg
9294e9bf52637b16b0ba46c6478a4yyyybba.jpg (105.83 KiB) Viewed 417 times
XP29

Post by XP29 »

Thank you Steveo. At least this lot looks easier than the rear 1/4 window which I have next (cries) :lol: