Anyone got one of these ? (Challenger bit)

Moderator: Moderators

Garp

Anyone got one of these ? (Challenger bit)

Post by Garp »

I have sourced a "similar" looking washer bottle with integrated motor out of a Toyota at a local scrapyard to tied me over till an original pops up on here or flea bay.
I've also salvaged some rubber capillary tubing - the one thing missing is the hidden water jet on the pass side. Because of the way these were fashioned, I doubt there is anything similar out there I can substitute in its place.
So I guess I'm looking for someone with a spare hood which has the original jets still in place ...... Have a look please, would you ?
Thanks all
Regards
Garp
:help:
Aerodynamics are for people who can�t build engines
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

I make my own jets from copper brake pipe,carefully pinching the end to get the two jets,bend pipe to pattern and make a mount like original and solder on. Hard to get repro jets.
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Yep, I've done the same!
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Garp

Post by Garp »

latil wrote:I make my own jets from copper brake pipe,carefully pinching the end to get the two jets,bend pipe to pattern and make a mount like original and solder on. Hard to get repro jets.
WHOOOOA !!!!! Come again ? You make these ?
I'm gonna have to "up" my game here ! And then you solder the mount to the piping ?
Cockin' Nora my learning curve just got steep ....... pictures on a postcard please !
Seriously though, you both are soooo matter-of-fact about this, a picture or two would be appreciated
Flabergasted
:o
Mick70RR

Post by Mick70RR »

latil wrote:I make my own jets from copper brake pipe,carefully pinching the end to get the two jets,bend pipe to pattern and make a mount like original and solder on. Hard to get repro jets.
My car had one missing and I did the same, made one out of brake pipe. I've recently fitted new ones, they came with a new washer bottle and motor. Not sure where I got it from but I think it was ebay.
So I have a spare set, one original and one I made but I doubt they would be the same as yours.
1970 Road Runner, 505CI, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears.
11.98 @ 117mph on street tyres
Garp

Post by Garp »

I'll take them off you - if they are the "hidden" jets that mount beneath the bonnet and spray the screen through the vents, then I'm sure they will....
I'd happily buy em off you and try ....... If it doesn't work, I'll get messing with copper piping.
Let me know, thanks
Garp

....... Have just done a search, if they are different, it's only a slight variation on a theme
latil

Post by latil »

Made these in about 1/2 hour for mot.
Attachments
IMG_1024.JPG
IMG_1024.JPG (90.11 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
IMG_1025.JPG
IMG_1025.JPG (128.1 KiB) Viewed 1558 times

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Garp

Post by Garp »

Got ya ! Easy once you see it in a picture.
Cheers :thumbright:
Mick70RR

Post by Mick70RR »

Garp wrote:I'll take them off you - if they are the "hidden" jets that mount beneath the bonnet and spray the screen through the vents, then I'm sure they will....
I'd happily buy em off you and try ....... If it doesn't work, I'll get messing with copper piping.
Let me know, thanks
Garp

....... Have just done a search, if they are different, it's only a slight variation on a theme
I'll dig them out at the weekend and post a picture. I seem to remember the one on the passenger side has a tee so you can connect a pipe to the drivers side. That's the one I made.
Garp

Post by Garp »

Mick70RR wrote:
Garp wrote:I'll take them off you - if they are the "hidden" jets that mount beneath the bonnet and spray the screen through the vents, then I'm sure they will....
Let me know, thanks
Garp

I'll dig them out at the weekend and post a picture. I seem to remember the one on the passenger side has a tee so you can connect a pipe to the drivers side. That's the one I made.
Yes please ....... And thanks.
latil

Post by latil »

Garp

Post by Garp »

I hear ya ! - but the kick in the nuts is that the postage to the UK is high ! Hence me scrounging a suitable replacement in my local "scrappy"
That white "butterfly" T shaped jet is the thingy I need however .....
Garp :)
latil

Post by latil »

Everything's £30 + postage from the US now. That plastic butterfly is just the T piece,any factor or Halfords should have something to do the job.

Mick70RR

Post by Mick70RR »

They look a lot different to the ones on a b body.
Super Sloth

Post by Super Sloth »

If you happen to know of a Ford Capri being broken the washer jets on those look very similar?
-Jon.