headliner

Moderator: Moderators

three counties

headliner

Post by three counties »

hi all,waiting for a headliner to be sent to me,for my 68 charger.have never fitted one of these myself.so i dont no what is involved or if i could do it?if any one has fitted one of these,could you give me some information that would help please.have been in touch with 2 local upholstery firms,but they are fully booked for the next 4 months and they wont give me a price to do it.thanks,mick
ANTON

Post by ANTON »

Its a very aukward job and most on here that have done it take at least two days to do it.
Both front and rear screen need to be removed to do the job properly as well.

I always pay someone to do my customers.
www.apdautomotive.co.uk
APD Automotive
Unit B3 Connaught Business Centre
22 Willow Lane
MITCHAM
CR4 4NA
0208 6400729

https://www.facebook.com/#!/apdautomotive.ltd
three counties

Post by three counties »

hi anton,think i will try and get someone to do it,have fitted seat covers and vinyl roof,but never a headliner,thanks again
Steve

Post by Steve »

My pal is having one fitted in his Fury by a company in Brum tomw, will let you know how it goes. Bit far I know but at least an option if all else fails :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Blue

Post by Blue »

I have done it, it's a very frustrating job and I'm not that happy with the result. Just pay the money!
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Hemimad

Post by Hemimad »

I did it in my RR. Never done it before, key to it is to cut the each side of the cotton hoop sleeves back by 4 inches to stop the wrinkles on the bow curve. There is a fantastic 2 part YouTube video of a guy doing a tan headliner in a 69 charger, I watched it 10 times before trying mine. It took about 5 hrs off and on to put the basic liner in, try to get it warm and pick a warm day or carefully use a hairdryer or even more carefully use a heat gun to help stretch the material.
"It's all souped up and everything"
Blue

Post by Blue »

Y
es, same as fitting seat covers, best done on a warm day so the material will stretch. My headliner was hard work, not just because I was having to work around the roll cage, but because it was too small around the rear window aperture, no amount of fettling would get a decant fit, it just wasn't wide enough in the top corners. A professional would have cut it and sewn in some extra material but of course I couldn't do that.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
three counties

headliner

Post by three counties »

hi all,this may be of some help if any one wants some upholstery work done.have booked the charger in this wensday for the headliner to be fitted.takeing it to brandon in suffolk.have seen his work and he does a good job.only had to wait for 2 weeks and he will give you a price on the day.he is .robert wells, unit 8a ,wimbledon avenue, brandon, suffolk.
Pete

Post by Pete »

We look forward to seeing the results!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
three counties

headliner

Post by three counties »

will do pete,this is his contact number.01842 337350. 07831259064