Stripping and sealing underneath of Charger

Moderator: Moderators

conscriptboris

Stripping and sealing underneath of Charger

Post by conscriptboris »

Hi all,

I have a 66 Dodge Charger, I have been creating a log of everything I need to get done, and secondly would like (not essential).

Something I was trying to avoid, but almost looks impossible now, is getting under the car and stripping all the crap off, and re-sealing. Problem is, I'm military and get moved about a lot, I have to operate from a Tent garage I bought, this means I can't get access to heavy duty equipment I would need to strip and rotate the shell.

Best I can do is axel stands. As thoughts, suggestions or out the box ideas?

Regards,

Elvis
Blue

Post by Blue »

Stripped and repainted the whole underside of mine on axle stands. It's a horrible job and you will covered in crap. I normally use a sharpened 2" scraper and do it dry. I normally do about a 2ft sq. section, stonechip it and move on.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
conscriptboris

Post by conscriptboris »

Thanks for the reply!

I imagined this would be the case.....and it's going to be horrible, but worth it in the future!

Cheers!
morgan

Post by morgan »

Like Blue I did mine on axle stands over a winter. Unlike Blue I stripped it all off then painted/stonechip/por15 (cant remember which). He is right about takes ages though.
Worth doing though if you can - its the only way to truly know whats under all the crud. I was really happy with mine - floor much better than I hoped - so fingers x'd for you.
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"