1971 A-BODY PLYMOUTH DUSTER TORSION BAR CROSSMEMBER

Moderator: Moderators

oily

1971 A-BODY PLYMOUTH DUSTER TORSION BAR CROSSMEMBER

Post by oily »

HI all mopar owners.
I got a question for plymouth duster owners. Torsion bar crossmember has rotted out on my 71 plymouth and so i need to replace the crossmember or convert from torsion bars over to coil overs(some fabrication needed i guess).Has any one done this works on the plymouth duster or know how much the crossmember will cost or is it available in the uk?.Also looking for door hinge pillars/A pillars if available.
many thanks for any intell on the subject
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

Hi,welcome :thumbright:
Well at least they are available though I'd doubt anyone has one in stock here. Best bet is to try the usual suspects,WASP,RockAuto etc and see if one can be got. Nice little job welding that in too :shock:

http://www.autometaldirect.com/body-com ... 3_133.html
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Welcome to the Club and Message Board.

Sorry to hear of your woes.

In terms of Coil Overs, I would think the bet option there would be to buy a Bill Reilly Autocation as that is virtually bolt in and does not need lots of fabrication and still retains the integrity of the car. However, you will probably be emptying your wallet but it is a good product.

It depends on what you want to do with the car. If it is a road-based fun car, I would get the K member repaired.

If you can, stick some photos up.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
shovelheadrob

Post by shovelheadrob »

Pete, I think that he means the x member the rear end of the torsion bars locate in as linked by Latin, I thought k frame too when I read it, don't worry it's an age thing lol!
It also mounts the trans x member so I would suggest getting the one in the link, just get it shipped with Ron @ STS Imports
You can't have too much power, only a lack of traction!