Charity Run from KKs in the morning... in the name of Mopar!

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Lady M

Charity Run from KKs in the morning... in the name of Mopar!

Post by Lady M »

Have a look at this please folks.. short notice I know but that's due to it all being on the Book of Face!

Come along and join in..
What's life...without a lil' mystery....

Find us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/550675651725299/
Blue

Post by Blue »

Your link isn't working luvvie.....
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Lady M

Post by Lady M »

Oh shoot! Might be cos it's a private event on fb.. will check ðŸ‘￾
What's life...without a lil' mystery....

Find us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/550675651725299/
Derek

Post by Derek »

Hi Guys, this is what Karen shhould have put here a few weeks ago instead of a link, bit late now but would be good if any of you could come along and join us, It's tomorrow Sunday December 18th at Krispy Kreme 197 Burlington Rd, New Malden KT3 4NA

As some of you know, I am hosting a Charity Toy Run in December with Darren Graham..
Here are the details..
If anyone would like to contribute, please Private Message me....

So.... here it is guys.. time to give you some details of the fantastic Charity DGP at Christmas will be asking you to support this year.....
Can anyone tell me on here what a "Hidden Child" is?

I'm guessing not many of you can.. and no one would blame you as they're called Hidden Children, for a reason..

While we think it's amazing to buy presents for poorly or disabled children,Darren and I have decided to do something a little different and give the Hidden Children (or in our opinion, the Hidden Heroes) the acknowledgement they so rightly deserve..
..these children and young people are called Young Carers..
There are thousands of Young Carers up and down the Country who, tirelessly and selflessly look after an ill or disabled Sibling or Parent.. this can range from Autism to Cancer, from MS to Mental Health issues.. these amazing Young Carers can do such a wide range of caring, including Washing and Dressing their Parent to all Cooking and Cleaning in their Home..
Some of these Hidden Children get up so early in the morning to prepare and look after their families before they go to School and then when their School day finishes,they go home to start the job of caring in all manor of ways.. sometimes, unfortunately, the only break these Young Carers get is when they are at School..
I'm sure you get the idea of what a Young Carer is.. I could go on and on and give real examples from some of the Young Carers I know personally but to be honest, it will be too upsetting.

So, moving forward.. We have been in contact with a local Young Carers Charity who just so happens to be 2 minutes away from Krispy Kremes in New Malden and they were completely over whelmed when we said we would like to acknowledge the Young People they help..
So what are we asking of you all?
Well...

Darren and I are asking you all to buy a small gift each.. it doesn't matter how little or big (maximum of £10 though) for these amazing Young Carers.. We all know how it works, you wrap it and write on it it's suitability - boy/girl and age - and join us on 18th December, leaving KKs at 11:45am to go to the Young Carers Project and meet these amazing Young People and their families..
I've spoken to the Manager of the project and she will be arranging some of the Young Carers to be there and greet us (they are super excited at the prospect of seeing our Cars!) and we can give our gifts over..
So what do you think, can you spare a small gift for a Hidden Hero?

(Age range will be 8 to 17..
if you could let me know what age and if your gift is for a boy or girl please, so I can buy whatever age range we have less of)

(The manager has asked if we would allow them to sit in our Cars if they wanted a photo.. I advised that while the majority of the guys who will be with us, wouldn't mind, its best to ask the Driver directly)

(They will be laying on Tea and Coffee for us all)
Any questions,please contact either Darren or myself (i can be got via here or on the Mopar Muscle Association page)

Please join us to let these fantastic young people know that they aren't forgotten or hidden...
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.