CPS Enforcement Northern LTD - Scam???

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Pete

CPS Enforcement Northern LTD - Scam???

Post by Pete »

Hi All,

I got an "Enforcement Notice" via email (went straight into the SPAM folder..) for a Parking violation.

Click a link to retrieve the enforcement notice and it wants me to download and save a ZIP file. No way am I doing that.

Company house points to the Company being wound up in 2010.

"Company check" indicates it is still in business....

Any experience of this at all?

Thanks

Pete
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
XP29

Post by XP29 »

Not aware of them, but would have thought any parking enforcement, or anything to do with a vehicle would go via post to the registered keeper. Not email.
1966 Charger, 383 4bbl, 4 speed manual trans, Sure-grip, original paint.
adrianp

Post by adrianp »

No direct experience with this scam mate, but it sounds dodgy.

As you mentioned a .zip is weird but also - via email ?? If it's legit I would have expected it via post or something on your car when you supposedly did this.

If you're curious you could dig a little further - how's the language in the email any spelling mistakes etc. Does the address for the file download match the email or even related to the companies website etc. etc.

adrian.
Prothed

Post by Prothed »

Scam
Scam
Scam
MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

I had a run in with Parking Eye (I won!) and they contacted me via post not email.
guy whitwam

Post by guy whitwam »

Ohh yes, had several of these now , first was when I was parked up whilst on holiday in Manchester and the second was in Birmingham when my car was in for service. Oddly both came direct to me as opposed to company hq where all company cars are registered .Third was only last week from Borough of Westminster..............!!!!! and another member of staff have had same , so there must be a lot of it going around ,needless to say SCAM,SCAM, SCAM .
HOPE YOU DEAL WITH IT ACCORDINGLY :thumbright:
GUY
theseoldcars

Post by theseoldcars »

Yea - we received one of these recently. Just ignore it! :)
TyreFryer

Post by TyreFryer »

I get loads of these Pete, as everyone's said junk/scam.
Martin Walker
Raminduction

Post by Raminduction »

It will be fine

Ive just BACS transferred £3000 to an arabian prince who needs the money to unlock his fortune which has been detained by the authorities in his native land. He has promised to share $2,000,000 US dollars with me as soon as the money is retrieved by himself.
Last edited by Raminduction on Wed Feb 01, 17 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Thanks guys,

They are becoming ever increasingly sophisticated and "plausible".

Keep 'em Peeled!

:thumbright: :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Stu Twin

Post by Stu Twin »

the strangest thing about this is that Guy had a holiday in Manchester ???
guy whitwam

Post by guy whitwam »

What I meant to say was my car was 'ticketed' in those places mentioned , not that I went on holiday to them...............but it kinda came out wrong ,DOW :oops: , I mean how ridiculous a holiday in Manchester !!!! no beach ,no sun and me from Norfolk too ;) .......... :D
Guy.............did I mention I own a chevy now ,I don't know I was really THAT drunk at the time
GUY :D
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

I had this as well. Just look on their website home page there is a note saying this is a spam E mail . They say they never send parking notices by E mail only through the post.
http://cpsnorthern.co.uk/
Dart Vader

Post by Dart Vader »

on this point

be careful towards the end of the tax year, often spammer send out a very convincing email from tax office with an attachment purporting to being your new tax code or a rebate etc etc

Virus is embedded in the attachment,locks your computer and the wants money to unlock
Justin "Supreme Leader" Greener
1970 Dodge Dart
1995 Mustang GT
1980 MGBGT
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Dart Vader wrote:on this point

be careful towards the end of the tax year, often spammer send out a very convincing email from tax office with an attachment purporting to being your new tax code or a rebate etc etc

Virus is embedded in the attachment,locks your computer and the wants money to unlock
Yeah, had one yesterday. I just deleted it. As everyone says if it's legit it'll come by post. I always think if I delete it and it's legit, they'll find me, after all they don't know whether I have an email address or not.

Also, you can right click or tap on the email address it came from and that'll show the real address they used
'68 Dodge Charger
‘75 Ford Ranchero
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf

YouTube - Double Zero Garage